7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: (WSIG) HELP ME make a shopping list on Amazon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wan Cornelius
Singapore
flag msg tools
1) I am relatively new to the hobby and would like to add some more titles to my collection. I am setting aside USD150-200 for this to spend on Amazon as to take advantage of the free shipping to my country (Singapore).

My gaming partner would mostly be my wife who enjoys Jaipur & Deception very much. I also tends to go for lots of gatherings involving friends and family. I do not have a fixed gaming group as yet.

My collection currently have:

* Jaipur
* Coup
* Sushi Go Party
* Dixit Odyssey
* Saboteur
* Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
* Codenames
* Taboo (old copy)[/floatleft][/floatleft]

I would welcome suggestions on what to spend on to add on to my collection.

Some games I'm considering are:

* Patchwork
* Takenoko
* Ticket To Ride: Europe
* Splendor
* King Of Tokyo
* Pandemic
* Carcassonne OR Catan
* Sheriff Of Nottingham
* The Resistance
* Castles of Burgundy

These are just some names though. You guys are welcome to name others that might fit in better.

Number of Players: 2 mostly but varies from gathering to gathering (no set gaming group)

Game Length: Preferably don't take more than 90 minutes.

Complexity of Game: Light-medium. The easier to explain the rules to non-gamers, the better.

Genre: Don't think I will enjoy deck-building (so no Dominion) or "dudes on a map" much.

2) I have a friend in the States who has offered to pay me in board games for a project that I helped him with. Said board games have to be obtained easily though and not from an FLGS so mainly whatever are available at Target or B&N.

Name 2-3 games that I can get him to buy for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Patterson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Help me make a shopping list on Amazon!
Patchwork - great 2-player game. Easy to learn. The random layout of the patches at the beginning of the game gives it good replay-ability. Low price for a great game.

Ticket to Ride: Europe - lots of fun for 2 or more.

Trambahn - Fun card game. Easy to learn, easy to set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wan Cornelius
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks! This is the first time I've heard of Trambahn so will have to look that up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Patchwork and TTR Europe.

My wife and I play a lot of two player games(we both enjoy Jaipur) and two other games we play a lot are Dead Man's Draw and Archaeology: The New Expedition. Both of these games also play well with 3 or 4 players.
Another game to check out is Cacao. It is a tile laying game similar to Carcassonne, but I prefer it over Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add a few mid-wieght games to your collection. The following are all unique, easy to learn and introduce something new to your library.

Above and Below - story-telling telling and engine builder

Imperial Settlers - card-based empire builder

7 Wonders - the grand-daddy of card drafting, plays the same with 7 as it does with 3

Viticulture Essential Edition - worker placement with a couples-friendly theme

Tokaido - beautiful game of action selection and set collection

Champions of Midgard - adds a viking theme and dice combat to the worker placement formula

Forbidden Island - co-op adventure on a disappearing island with an amazing presentation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wan Cornelius
Singapore
flag msg tools
How is Cacao's replayability? Been reading reviews that it get stale after repeated plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wan Cornelius
Singapore
flag msg tools
Been considering Viticulture too but the price kinda turns me off.

How is Champions of Midgard for 2? Don't know if the wife would like the theme though but it's a far better theme to me than Stone Age or Lords Of Waterdeep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.