Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state on page 10...

Play and Order with a Move Action on an Infantry Unit... Any Order with an Infantry Move Action will do, not necessarily an Order that states 'Assault' in the card text.

So, do you need an 'Assault' Special Orders card in order to do an Assault?

If so, how do you do it? You can only play one Command card/Order per unit per round. So it would seem that Assault and move would need to be on the same card. Also, if a Command card is used with other unit to issue a move order on the assaulting unit, wouldn't that still count as the assaulting unit having already received an an order? So you wouldn't be able to issue it another order. Right?

I'm confused about this. If someone could explain how assaulting works I would appreciate it. I read the manual. Perhaps if someone explains it a little differently I would understand.

Note: I understand rules 2-7 the dice rolls and all... it when and how the attack is imitated that I don't get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Paull
United Kingdom
HUNTINGDON
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault is not a separate order, it is part of a Move Action within an Order. You can only Assault using an Order, so you cannot Assault in your opponent's turn.

To start an assault, you point to the Unit that you are going to use and tell your opponent that it is going to Assault. This is not a separate Order, it's just to make sure your opponent knows you're assaulting with the Unit you're using, so that your opponent can react with Interrupt cards.

Then you play a command card that contains a Move Action. This could be a Basic Order or a Special Order. The Order does NOT have to state 'assault' on the card. For example, you could assault with an On The Double command card; or you could even assault with a Rapid Advance command card, but you would have to skip the 'then Fire once' Action at the end of the Order, because an assault is always the last thing the assaulting Unit does when completing its Order.

The Assault only happens, if the assaulting Unit's Move Action takes it to a square adjacent (horizontally or vertically) to the target Unit. You don't have to have movement points that would take you *into* the target square, just adjacent. If your Move Action doesn't get your Unit to an adjacent square, then you cannot Assault.

Happy wargaming!

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alan! I believe I understand now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.