Jesse Seidule
United States
Baton Rouge
LA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://8thsummit.net/product/halloween-2016/run-fight-or-di...

Updated Link.

EDIT: $20 sale expired. $25 deal still active.

Halloween Sale.

Base Game @ Amazon: $31.83
Base Game @ CSI: $33.49
Base Game @ MM: $32.49

Edit: Free shipping in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [8th Summit] Run, Fight, or Die base game plus Co-Op Expansion $20
given no mention of free ship or actual shipping cost that shipping makes this a non-deal

imho ymmv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot stand the Zombie theme. But for some reason, there has been a small handful of Zombie tabletop games that I have liked. And one of them is Run, Fight, or Die!!! It is my 11th favorite game. This sounds like a great deal, I do not know what shipping is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
given no mention of free ship or actual shipping cost that shipping makes this a non-deal

imho ymmv

It's free shipping within US, at least that's what I got. $20 seems like a heck of deal for $45 worth of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
SO glad I paid more than retail to back this game. This is one reason why I won't support 8th summit any longer via kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
SO glad I paid more than retail to back this game. This is one reason why I won't support 8th summit any longer via kickstarter.

Another object lesson: Coven, which 8th Summit last year asked Kickstarter backers to pay $65 for for the base game and expansion but that Miniature Market, since a couple of weeks ago, has been blowing out as a bundle for $14.

Link if anyone's interested: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/8th0013-bundle.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
East Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to get one, but looks like it's OOS now.

This was a complete impulse buy for me … I love the zombie theme, and solos, so hoping this gives at least $20 of entertainment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Showing out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game last week and have really been enjoying it as a solo game. It has a bit of a d day dice feel to it. I just picked up the solo campaign since it looks like everything is free shipping in the U.S. From their site right now. I don't understand everyone getting upset that they are selling the games off so cheaply right now. It just means that their sales projections were wrong and they have to get rid of the extra copies. also, these copies of run fight or die don't come with the kickstarter extras. They are probably taking a loss on these since it's only $20 with free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mondrianbox wrote:
Managed to get one, but looks like it's OOS now.

This was a complete impulse buy for me … I love the zombie theme, and solos, so hoping this gives at least $20 of entertainment.

You might consider getting the solo campaign from their site right now too. I think it's only available from their site and it ships for free in the U.S. Too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
East Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Site says 220 now available, at the $25 price.

Thanks for the tip on the solo expansion – is the base game not capable of solo play w/o the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Freeman
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
https://todieforgames.wordpress.com/
badge
https://todieforgames.wordpress.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

#25 w/ free ship. I think it's worth it, thanks OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mondrianbox wrote:
Site says 220 now available, at the $25 price.

Thanks for the tip on the solo expansion – is the base game not capable of solo play w/o the expansion?

The base game is playable solo without the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated link! : https://8thsummit.net/product/halloween-2016/run-fight-or-di...

All products: https://8thsummit.net/product/halloween-2016/run-fight-or-di...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

Both links lead me to the same place.

Here is an all products link:

https://8thsummit.net/latest-updates/shop-3/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Halloween Sale: https://8thsummit.net/be-prepared-this-halloween-with-our-su...

Mythos Tales KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8thsummit/mythos-tales
KS link includes case 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I think they are clearing out stock before going under.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Another object lesson: Coven, which 8th Summit last year asked Kickstarter backers to pay $65 for for the base game and expansion but that Miniature Market, since a couple of weeks ago, has been blowing out as a bundle for $14.

Link if anyone's interested: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/8th0013-bundle.html

Wow. $14 for both the base game and the expansion? Is that some sort of error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AmanuJaku wrote:
Wow. $14 for both the base game and the expansion? Is that some sort of error?

Agents of Smersh was priced at CSI below KS, iirc.

Coven reviews say there's a good game, with production problems: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1600913/one-play-review-cov...

KS is best for products with high initial costs, such as the metal molds for miniatures. And it tells you how many units to make for your backers. But it's *not* good for gauging retail demand. However, since it's less expensive to print both the backer and retail demand at the same time, some creators do this. Of course, since backers are only paying for their own stuff, it's the creator who pays for the retail product. If the creator overestimates retail demand, he's stuck with retail product and poor cash flow. If they need cash, they have to sell the retail product now, resulting in them having a sale or otherwise clearing out stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I don't think this is unique to 8th Summit. I can name dozens of Kickstarters that you were better off waiting for.

Remember Sedition Wars? It went as low as about $20 on Amazon.
At least half of all Cool Mini or Not Kickstarters can be had for about 45% off and you don't even need to pay shipping.

Honestly with a very rare exception there is really very little reason to support a Kickstarter unless the game will not be produced without the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I don't think this is unique to 8th Summit. I can name dozens of Kickstarters that you were better off waiting for.

Remember Sedition Wars? It went as low as about $20 on Amazon.
At least half of all Cool Mini or Not Kickstarters can be had for about 45% off and you don't even need to pay shipping.

Honestly with a very rare exception there is really very little reason to support a Kickstarter unless the game will not be produced without the Kickstarter.

While I don't disagree about KS in general, I'm suprised you put CMON in the same camp. I did a cost analysis of Blood Rage comparing KS to CSI. (See thread in Rising Sun forum) When comparing apples to apples KS CMON comes out ahead. The advantage goes to CSI if you only want the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for the base game only, you're better off waiting for retail. And, for many gamers, sometimes the base game is all they want, perhaps because they don't want to plunk $100+ on a game that haven't played (or isn't even fully developed!) or because they won't have time for more than the base game.

Even in retail, base games are less expensive for the content than expansions. I'm sure the reason is that the base game is often sold so the gamer will buy further content with the expansion sets. Also, with the lower price and as the first purchase, more copies of the base game are made, so they're less expensive to produce.

Kaosball sells for $25 on FRPGames, and Rivet Wars was on some deep discount awhile back. Blood Rage was on sale on CSI, iirc. Haven't seen Rum and Bones on the Daily Deals -- yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

If anyone is seeking a refund on any of the following Kickstarter projects, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean...yes please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When is this game going to ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.