Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: HOLY CRAP! Just read through this forum - the DEFINITIVE FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game last night (been wanting to buy this game since gencon). It was a 3 player game. I have to say we had A LOT of questions throughout our session. We realised that the rulebook just didn't cover a lot of things. It's like the rules were written and provided general info, but didn't really cover much of the actual results of scenarios that occurred during the game.

That being said, I would like to thank everyone, especially Grant for providing very clear and definitive answers. I think every question that we had during our session has been answered in detail here. I've gone ahead and created my own VERY detailed FAQ, which I plan on comparing to the official one (probably could have read the official one first and saved a lot of time

If the guys at Portal are interested I would happily edit the rulebook for future printings of the game. How would I go about setting that up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: HOLY CRAP! Just read through this forum
goo The thing to do to benefit us all is to post your FAQ as Unofficial in the Files section. Someone has already done this, so you might want to give yours a title to make it stand out, or just add your handle. Both Official and Unofficial FAQs tend to be behind the curve of the community here, and all answers are appreciated as updates.

Also, make your thread titles more descriptive so we'll know what they are about before opening them. Otherwise your excellent point might get lost in the shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: HOLY CRAP! Just read through this forum - the DEFINITIVE FAQ!
I just read through the official FAQ and while it answers A LOT of the important questions, mine is more thorough (only because i spent the last few hours disecting every post in the forum here). Im going to clean it up and add it to the files section like you said. This FAQ should cover EVERYTHING. Im not saying that as if i take credit for it. The community here did all the work. I just compiled everything.

I just submitted my FAQ so it should be uploaded here very soon. I wrote it as a docx file so it's very easy to edit and make your own notes and changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I'm looking forward to the upload. I received my copy of the game this weekend and our first game (four players) is scheduled for Thursday evening. I'd definitely like to read your FAQ before we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be up in the files section now! Let me know if there are any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
It should be up in the files section now! Let me know if there are any questions.

This is fantastic and I immediately downloaded it! I really appreciate your work on it.

I saw you noted you didn't include official FAQ in it. Any possibility you could include that? I don't know if it violates any copyright stuff, but my thought as to minimize how many extra files to reference while playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe i will include the stuff from the faq and recreate the document as a pdf. Ill see when i have some time later this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone

I finally revised the FAQ which I compiled. It now includes the info from the official FAQ that wasn't already there. It should be in the files section shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.