$20.00
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The rules state to draw non-Epic Threat cards from the appropriate Other World deck when you're in another world. Technically that would seem to dictate that you also draw from an Other World deck when drawing for a Chest Portal mutation or to see what Sinister Experiment the Flesh Drones have, but that seems wrong to me. What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always drew from the normal Threat deck for these, but with this game, you could draw from whichever Threat deck you want. Thematically speaking, something coming out of a portal could come from anywhere (even a different Other World).

Drawing from the regular Threat deck was a habit we started early on, before extra enemy packs. At that point, there were so few Other World Threat cards that we often couldn't get through a mission without reshuffling that deck, and that was without using the OW Threat deck for Chest Portals. We still draw from the normal Threat deck as a force of habit, and to keep a bit more variety in the enemies encountered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solan wrote:
The rules state to draw non-Epic Threat cards from the appropriate Other World deck when you're in another world.

I think you answered your own question, mate.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I would first draw a world card to see where the other end of chest portal currently resides. Thematically is makes more sense that way, though it could bog down the game if it happened too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.