Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is the Recon Forces skill a human passive ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I forgot to post earlier. I think the Recon Forces skill says for very battle a human is in they draw a terrain card. The pilgrims have a card that says it's a passive ability, which I assume means they don't have to activate it to gain the advantage.

Is the Recon Forces ability the same idea? It doesn't make sense that you would have to manually activate this skill each round. Seems like a trait that would always be in effect as long as you have opted to choose that skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recon Forces is actually more flexible. If you wait until your final action, you can maximize the number of cards drawn...but you cannot use them that round for actions. If you use it earlier in the round, you'll draw fewer cards, but you can use them for subsequent actions.

It is not passive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok i understand now. So if a human player chooses this skill its usually best used during the end of their third action so they can really capitalise on it and draw the most cards. I guess you could use it earlier too if you really needed to draw extra cards.

Thanks for the help... I feel like my first playthrough was a writeoff now and i must play it again the proper way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Ah ok i understand now. So if a human player chooses this skill its usually best used during the end of their third action so they can really capitalise on it and draw the most cards. I guess you could use it earlier too if you really needed to draw extra cards.

Thanks for the help... I feel like my first playthrough was a writeoff now and i must play it again the proper way!

Cry Havoc is unapologetically a deep game. You must experiment with different factions and skills to really maximize it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.