Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Heir to the Pharaoh» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hiss of Bast/Bark of Anubis clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use this card, clearly it lets you win all ties this turn but does the +1 also count for this and each subsequent bid, or just the bid in which you played the card?

99% sure it's the former but just want to check.

Just noticed for Way of the Kitten, it's 'turn' too, but I don't see a definition of a turn in the rule book, currently going with complete Bidding Phase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing that it only effects the card it's played with and then is discarded, which is how all the other animal magic cards function (for example the card that makes the lower bid win is only for the bid the card is played with).

Cheers
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
I've been playing that it only effects the card it's played with and then is discarded, which is how all the other animal magic cards function (for example the card that makes the lower bid win is only for the bid the card is played with).

Cheers


Yeah we decided to go with 'just that bid phase' for both of them as well, as the rules do say that the card is discarded after it's effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Papa Ninja wrote:
I've been playing that it only effects the card it's played with and then is discarded, which is how all the other animal magic cards function (for example the card that makes the lower bid win is only for the bid the card is played with).

Cheers


Yeah we decided to go with 'just that bid phase' for both of them as well, as the rules do say that the card is discarded after it's effect.


Exactly right!
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So the tiebreaker applies to all of the auctions during that bidding phase? Or once only?

And does the +1 also apply several times?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
So the tiebreaker applies to all of the auctions during that bidding phase? Or once only?

And does the +1 also apply several times?

It will only trigger one time during the god auction you played it with, then the animal magic card would be discarded.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
melissa wrote:
So the tiebreaker applies to all of the auctions during that bidding phase? Or once only?

And does the +1 also apply several times?

It will only trigger one time during the god auction you played it with, then the animal magic card would be discarded.


Thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.