Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday October 5, 2016.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Pilot
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

Did you managed to get your copy of Terraforming Mars? I saw it at my FLGS and I pulled the trigger. I will bring it on Wednesday if anyone wants to give it a try.

I gave it a whirl on Sunday night and was quite impressed by the mix of card play and spatial/board play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be up for playing Terraforming Mars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not get Terraforming Mars yet. Two stores I stopped by in the states didn't have it. I would love to play it Wednesday.

I'll try to catch a video.

JOE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Pilot
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not entirely certain I will be able to make it tonight (how's that for a bait and switch). IF I do, I will bring it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another nice turnout and Patrick didn't pull the bait and switch.

Patrick, James, Alain and I started out with Patrick teaching us Terraforming Mars. This was a fantastic engine building, tile placement game. For the most part I specialized in raising the oxygen and James was crazily raising the temperature. By the end of the game we were one and two in in-game VPs from terraforming. Alain was playing cards left and right and scored a ton of endgame points from his tableau. I got endgame points from the gardener milestone while James and Alain got endgame points from the terraformer and builder milestones, respectively. But, Patrick (who had a nice little money engine going) was able to enable 3 endgame awards, each of which he got the most points for with the rest split amongst us. That was enough to push him to a 3 point victory over me. Did I say this was a fantastic game. So much fun. This was on my "to buy" list and has been pushed up to a "must buy." And, I'm sure James has already ordered his copy.

After Alain and Patrick had to leave early, I taught James Abyss. The two player game isn't great and I had the good fortune of drawing lots of monster cards early and recruiting the Treasurer (which lowered the price of lords for me). Patrick triggered the endgame and in my last turn I was able to build a third location, which added to my fairly wide victory. Fun game but much better at 2 or 3.

Other games I saw played were Istanbul (with expansion), Vikings, Spyrium and Cinque Terre.

See you all next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.