Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: pbem [+] [View All]
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be looking to use VASSAL or Cyberboard or text?
I may be interested. I've never played, but own two editions (both older than the Deluxe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in this. I'll have to do some finalging to put it in a place where my kids don't get it, but I have some spots in mind. I'd like to try Vassal or cyberboard at some point, simply because I'm trying to learn how to get my friend hooked on OGRE this summer when I see him muhahaha... I have enough copies to give him almost one of everything.

Matt Jones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone's looking for more players, I might be interested in trying this by Cyberboard or Vassal. If I remember right, my copy is the 'deluxe' version with the stands that hold the counters up.

Forest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely interested. If you want to contact me through GeekMail, we can get this organized and started. Again, I'm a bit of a newbie, so I might need some gentle slaps to the head, although I play quite a bit of war games, so the rules look pretty simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're using Vassal, I'll need more than a few gentle slaps to the head, maybe a boot or two... But I'm game if you're game. I'm also game for the more original text version too. I have the old microgames versions. Nothing deluxe. Let me know.

Matt J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
text is fine. cutthroat (three-way) is fine. You seem to know what works, so guide on. I'll get my Ogre rulebook in my laptop bag so I always have it with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Michael you seem to have a handle on what you're thinking of for this, why don't you lay down some of the ground rules as far as how to post maneuvers and whatnot. I've never played 3-way OGRE; is it just king of the mountain/ Last Man, er... ORGE Standing?

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having re-read the rules, there is (at the least) a scenario of two Ogres on one team and the conventional forces on another. Perhaps this is what he is thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be. What about die rolls? Just roll ourselves and Gamer's Honor?

"Hey, how come that Matt guy hasn't missed a single shot?!?"ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep it simple and skip the Fog of War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcbeth wrote:
Keep it simple and skip the Fog of War

I agree, for our first go-round. On subsequent games we can get uppity with extra rules.

What map shall we play and how should we set it up...

MJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that, Mike. Let us know when you're back up.

Jeff, you mentioned earlier trying out a cyberboard or vassal game? Have you played using either of those two before? And are you still interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, still interested, never have done it before, VASSAL is by far my preference, as my home is a Linux home. mcbeth@broggs.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, would using vassal for OGRE be similar to using Vassal for Other games like A Victory Lost? I have that REALLY detailed description of how to play AVL over Vassal. Same concept, different game?

I'm personally more familiar with Cyberboard myself, heh go figure... Willing to learn VASSAL without any hesitation, but I've not used it much at all. (just so you know what you're getting into)

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yes, PBEM and not realtime would be my personal preference, Even a game as short as OGRE, I'm not sure I have time to get together with you at a time we can get together. Sending turns back and forth would be so much easier for me...

MJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.