Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Page 13 in the rules.
Second example down, shows a card with two 6 pip dice one on top of the other.

Explanation states;

"Card may be activated with two 6 results.
"One charge indicates that up to two dice may be placed on this card (one set of dice required to activate the ability)."

The part that threw me was the part in red. Makes it sound like a single die can be placed.

After looking at it for awhile, I take it this means;

"In order to activate the card you need to have a pair of 6's on it.
The one charge icon below the dice shows you can only do do this activation once.
If the card had 2 charge icons, you could place 2 pairs of 6's and perform the action twice. If 3 charge icons, 3 pairs of 6's, perform the action 3 times, etc."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Fast
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a followup question. This is for the Skillomancer. It might be one of the expansion classes, but one power is to lock a die to draw three random new skills and keep one. Then, you may take one die from the supply, turn it to the matching face, and immediately place it on the card.

The way we've been playing it: if you pick a skill that requires two dice to activate, you would have already had to have rolled the matching die that turn to use it. In other words, you have to complete your dice rolling before you allocate dice to your skills, IIRC. Then, you activate Skillomancery and take your random skill and take an additional die to place on that card (as per the card text). But that isn't enough to activate the skill. If one of the dice you already rolled is the matching number, you may now allocate it and thus use the skill. Otherwise, you wouldn't.

Sound correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.