United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gravity effect of black holes:

Quote:
Once per Round immediately after the Power Phase all ships (including Bases) must shift one hex closer to the Black Hole.

Missiles are not explicitly mentioned, so does this mean they do not shift closer to a black hole?

Missiles entering black holes:
rulebook wrote:
Any ship that collides with a Black Hole is immediately destroyed. Explosion damage is still dealt to adjacent ships. The Black Hole takes no damage.

If missiles are forced into a black hole by it being the shortest path to the target, are they destroyed? The rulebook is clear that for missiles entering planet hexes, they are destroyed. For black holes, it only mentions ships.

It is possible I missed something obvious in the rulebook, but I did try to look it over before posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see anything in the rules that would specifically cover it. I would assume that missiles are pulled toward the black hole just like ships, and are destroyed if they enter its hex just like ships. Because common sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I don't see anything in the rules that would specifically cover it. I would assume that missiles are pulled toward the black hole just like ships, and are destroyed if they enter its hex just like ships. Because common sense.

I would like to assume this also, but my opponent would not. Thus the need for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

If you're taking a vote I'm in on that opinion as well. The black hole absorbs just like a planet.

Except you don't kill millions on the ground when it happens.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The black hole definitely pulls the Missiles just like any other ship. This can lead to some interesting Missile timing. Well timed re-directs, for instance can cause some serious damage.

This was utilized in the winning match of our DTC 2015 Talon Tourney:
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=3081

It is NOT, however, explicitly stated in the rules. We'll add it to the clarifications. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.