Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Davis
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I received my copy of the third printing on Friday. I promptly got it to the table Friday night and played into the wee hours of the morning. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to get it to the table again. I'm looking forward to playing a non-learning game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Hoping mine gets delivered soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:

Just got my copy yesterday. Played a few learning turns until the Mets game started. I'm excited to learn a bit more. Seems like an interesting one, but I'm not fully sold on the fun factor on a personal level yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why hasn't this arrived at my store yet! I've been checking the website daily for a while

Hopefully it will live up to my excitement, as it is my first block wargame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fortheloveofdice wrote:
Why hasn't this arrived at my store yet! I've been checking the website daily for a while

Hopefully it will live up to my excitement, as it is my first block wargame.

Plays very differently than a Commands & Colors style block war game. It's kind of in a world of its own as far as I know. Battle reminds me a bit of Maria a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
mirror33 wrote:
[q="mdrog2"]Seems like an interesting one, but I'm not fully sold on the fun factor on a personal level yet.

The fun factor only fully reveals itself once you play it against someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hugolefou wrote:
mirror33 wrote:
[q="mdrog2"]Seems like an interesting one, but I'm not fully sold on the fun factor on a personal level yet.

Yeah was playing a real human opponent, only over three rounds rather than a full game.

I'm not attacking the game design, just may not lock in with me fully. Or at least it doesn't yet give me "that" feeling.

Not discounting it, just building tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Davis
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mirror33 wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

Just got my copy yesterday. Played a few learning turns until the Mets game started. I'm excited to learn a bit more. Seems like an interesting one, but I'm not fully sold on the fun factor on a personal level yet.

Sorry about the Mets game (as sorry as a Yankees fan can be). Maybe the Mets loss is what caused you to not be sold on the fun factor of this game yet??? :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rdavis01 wrote:
mirror33 wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

Sorry about the Mets game (as sorry as a Yankees fan can be). Maybe the Mets loss is what caused you to not be sold on the fun factor of this game yet???

Ha, my teams are all in a sorry state to be honest (Jets and Knicks as well).

I'm in a phase where I'm enamored of the thematic event-level play of COIN games, and Sekigahara is feeling a bit like Maria-lite. Perhaps a few more games will help me to get out of the mechanics and deeper into the psychological aspects of game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mirror33 wrote:
hugolefou wrote:
mirror33 wrote:

Yeah was playing a real human opponent, only over three rounds rather than a full game.

I'm not attacking the game design, just may not lock in with me fully. Or at least it doesn't yet give me "that" feeling.

I had a merely OK play of the game after it was first published. Then I played again this summer, and the guttering candle lit. It's great, but very, very different. Give it a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Natus wrote:
mirror33 wrote:
hugolefou wrote:
mirror33 wrote:

I had a merely OK play of the game after it was first published. Then I played again this summer, and the guttering candle lit. It's great, but very, very different. Give it a chance.

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah I just purchased it and I can tell that it's interesting so I'm definitely going to keep it around to see if I love it. I like to keep my collection under 20 games total for sanity's sake. But it is definitely not one that I'm going to rush out the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone finding copies to buy anywhere? (other than ebay)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Anyone finding copies to buy anywhere? (other than ebay)

Don't worry. P500-ers are getting theirs right now, so it'll be at retail soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.