Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to play "Nuclear Zone" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Foot Keong Chien
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Place this tile and raise temperature 2 steps"
Since Nuclear Zone is a special tile and there is no restriction mentioned on card, does it mean the tile can be placed any where on board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everywhere except for where there already in the rules are restrictions, that is you can't put it in the places reserved for ocean tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any "legal" placement, that is. Blue areas are still reserved for oceans, and may thus not be used. Noctis City is also already reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orbit is also reserved, right? RIGHT?!

You probably wouldn't get much Mars temperature rise if nuking an orbital position, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foot Keong Chien
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. Gonna terraform "another" mars now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they too, of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Österlund
Sweden
Södertälje
Stockholms län
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it ok to put it on an area already occupied, e.g by a green tile? Does it replace the green tile in that case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
billiboj wrote:
Is it ok to put it on an area already occupied, e.g by a green tile? Does it replace the green tile in that case?

No. An area becomes unavailable when there is a tile on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billiboj wrote:

Now that would be thematic. "Hey, you know your nice forest you just grew over there? Well, it's now covered in lava."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
msg tools
So if I play nuclear zone I claim it with my color and if I then play a forest I would have to place it near my nuclear zone correct? Does it also count for landlord?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mahuloq wrote:
So if I play nuclear zone I claim it with my color and if I then play a forest I would have to place it near my nuclear zone correct? Does it also count for landlord?

Yes, the tile can be a point (not necessarily the only one) to spread greeneries from, and yes, it counts for Landlord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the named mountain locations? I am speaking of Arsia Mons, Pavonis Mons, Ascraeus Mons, and Tharsis Tholus. Are these also off limits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tazzmann wrote:
What about the named mountain locations? I am speaking of Arsia Mons, Pavonis Mons, Ascraeus Mons, and Tharsis Tholus. Are these also off limits?

No. These are just names of the areas on Mars, doesn't effect the gameplay at all as I have understood it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swYck wrote:
Tazzmann wrote:

No. These are just names of the areas on Mars, doesn't effect the gameplay at all as I have understood it.

They aren't limited, but the vulcano needs to go to one of those places, so if they all are occupied, you can't play the vulcano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
swYck wrote:
Tazzmann wrote:

They aren't limited, but the vulcano needs to go to one of those places, so if they all are occupied, you can't play the vulcano.

True. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.