Eldritch Horror: The Dreamlands» Forums » General

Subject: Nyarlathotep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the dawn of this Board game and the code to the puzzle in the original manual was cracked we have speculated that Nyarlathotep would "definitely be in the next expansion."

Forsaken Lore came and went and we exclaimed, that's fine we need this to boost the decks anyway.

Mountains of Madness appeared and we exclaimed, well this is the first big box expansion they need to build it up.

Strange Remnants came next and we exclaimed, Nyarlathotep is important enough to get his own big box.

Under the Pyramids came afterwards and we thought this was it, but alas we got a mere avatar.

Then Signs of Carcosa made us finally yell "IT'S HASTUR! WOOT!" ... Don't look at me like that, you know we did. Nyarlathotep wasn't even on our minds for that one.

Now we have the Dreamlands, the domain that Nyarlathotep rules over. I swear if he isn't in this one I'll fully believe that FFG never wants to release him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel much the same. And with all the anticipation that has built up, my fear is that when he finally is released, it will be a letdown, no matter how awesome he is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two Ancient Ones in Dreamlands are Atlach-Nacha and Hypnos. So maybe the next small box? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the idea of not releasing Nyarlathotep but its aspects, linked to board expansions. The bloated woman and the blood tongue are just too good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
viresium wrote:
The two Ancient Ones in Dreamlands are Atlach-Nacha and Hypnos. So maybe the next small box? lol

Yep, I missed Hypnos until I re-read the announcement. Welp that's that then. They will never release Nyarlathotep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nyarlathotep will get it's own last expansion for Eldritch Horror which will be the Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and it will make use of all previous expansions together.

Yeap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzo wrote:
Nyarlathotep will get it's own last expansion for Eldritch Horror which will be the Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and it will make use of all previous expansions together.
Actually, this is possible.
Thanks for the glimmer of hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ahem...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/127140/masks-nyarlath...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.