Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris C
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been covered, but we had a big discussion during yesterday's game. If the British are attacking in a space where there is a previously activated War Party, do the British have to include the War Party in the battle, or do they have the option?

3.6.1 says the British may always use Indian pieces. But 3.6.3 says add 1/2 of active War Parties. So does the "may always use Indian pieces" refer to activating? Can the British choose not to include the active War Party in the battle? Or if the War Party has been activated, must it be included in the battle?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in my hand but from memory it works something like this.

On defense, the Royalist factions are lumped together. Active war parties join the battle.

On offense the war parties only jump in if the British do the common cause.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: ...And I was wrong. Glad I jumped in here, I would have continued with my mistaken understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cjcjazz wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered, but we had a big discussion during yesterday's game. If the British are attacking in a space where there is a previously activated War Party, do the British have to include the War Party in the battle, or do they have the option?

3.6.1 says the British may always use Indian pieces. But 3.6.3 says add 1/2 of active War Parties. So does the "may always use Indian pieces" refer to activating? Can the British choose not to include the active War Party in the battle? Or if the War Party has been activated, must it be included in the battle?

Thanks for the help!

Hey Chris - they are always included in the calculation. British decide whether to activate.

Harold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.