• [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea it's not clear.

It says first step to replace is most expensive AFV of the unit. So that says to me that when it takes a step loss that is the first step lost. So if you just need to replace 1 step replace that one.

Hope that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Tom is correct.

It isn't specifically noted anywhere what is the first step loss, as the hybrid unit retains all capabilities (armor/AT factors) even if it has lost a step (which means it doesn't really matter what was lost at that time as it is a combination of all the different types within the hybrid unit.

However, when replacing lost steps 22.4.0, applies which means you have to pay to rebuild the armor step (in the case of a some of the hybrids which have three steps, you would pay to replace the more expensive one. This rule solved a lot of special rules (like we don't have enough already) and kept players from gaming the replacements.

22.4.0 Hybrid Steps
The first rebuilt step loss of a hybrid unit is equal to the ReP cost of the most expensive AFV type it contains plus the cost to resurrect the unit. The second step is equal to the cost of the infantry component. If a third step exists, as in the case of some of the US hybrid units, it is equal to the cost of the cheaper AFV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Karlsson
Sweden
Stenkullen
--
flag msg tools
The rebuild order is always "most expensive first", even with units with just one step loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I read it Fredrik. First step loss is first step replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools

So let me get this straight. i will use an example.

The us has a Hybrid unit that lost 2-steps in battle. So for the first step lost to be replace it will cost the US player "1.5 replacement points" since that is the highest armor replacement value for the US and plus the US player has to replace armor first. The 2nd step lost to be replace will cost "1 replacement points" since that is the cost for infantry.

So in total it will cost the US player 2.5 points to replace 2 step losses on a Hybrid Unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:

So let me get this straight. i will use an example.

The us has a Hybrid unit that lost 2-steps in battle. So for the first step lost to be replace it will cost the US player "1.5 replacement points" since that is the highest armor replacement value for the US and plus the US player has to replace armor first. The 2nd step lost to be replace will cost "1 replacement points" since that is the cost for infantry.

So in total it will cost the US player 2.5 points to replace 2 step losses on a Hybrid Unit.

If it's an M4 Firefly it is 1.5 armor ( are those only British?). If it's a M4 Sherman it's only 1 armor.

The infantry is mechanized infantry. So it's either .5 inf and .5 arm or 2 Inf. (according to the latest chart)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brown
England
Esher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

Fireflies are British - an up gunned Sherman with a 17 pdrs Anti Tank gun. A big success in Normandy the Yanks asked for some, but they were rare so none were handed over. That explains the cost of replacement.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Tom has it right.

Ian is also correct, only the British had the up gunned FF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.