Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juri P
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry if this question was here before.

I play Enchantress and finish my turn. Then it is my opponent's turn and he wants to play Lighthouse. He plays it as "+1 card; +1 action"

Lighthouse
+1 Action
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1.
--------------------------------------------------
While this is in play, when another player plays an Attack card, it doesn’t affect you.

Will Lighthouse be still treated as a duration card after my opponent is done with his turn?
Will Lighthouse still defend him from future attacks until his next turn?
Will Lighthouse give him +$1 during his next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
theoliver wrote:
Sorry if this question was here before.

I played Enchantress and finished my turn. Then it was my opponent's turn and he wanted to play Lighthouse. He played it as "+1 card; +1 action"

Lighthouse
+1 Action
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1.
--------------------------------------------------
While this is in play, when another player plays an Attack card, it doesn’t affect you.

Will Lighthouse still be treated as a duration card after my opponent is done with his turn?
Will Lighthouse still defend him from future attacks until his next turn?
Will Lighthouse give him +$1 during his next turn?

While Enchantress does not stop the below-the-line abilities of Lighthouse, Lighthouse has nothing making it stay in play beyond the end of the turn, so it gets discarded in clean-up (and then provides no protection since it's not in play). It does not produce +$1 next turn because that instruction never happened.

Duration cards only stay out if they have something left to do. There have always been cases where they don't; if you play Tactician with no cards left in hand, it's discarded that turn.

The Lighthouse below-the-line may feel like something it has left to do, but it isn't; the +$1 next turn is what keeps Lighthouse out (and in this case it didn't happen so Lighthouse doesn't stay out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following up: how does Enchantress interact with Caravan Guard? Let's suppose that Alice plays an Enchantress, Bob has a Caravan Guard but does not respond (if he did, Caravan Guard is resolved before the Enchantress). Then Alice plays another Attack card and Bob decides to respond with the Caravan Guard.

* Caravan's Guard "reaction" part is below a dividing line, so Bob can play it outside his turn.
* Nevertheless, Enchantress reads "on their turn".
* Therefore, do I assume that playing Caravan Guard will give Bob $1 on his next turn, since he played it outside his turn? That's my understanding after reading both cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
That would be my interpretation, too. The wording seems exact and clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Picon wrote:
* Therefore, do I assume that playing Caravan Guard will give Bob $1 on his next turn, since he played it outside his turn? That's my understanding after reading both cards.

Yes, it's unaffected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juri P
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you Donald. You explained it very clearly. Your game is a masterpiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.