Hide
5 Posts

London Dread» Forums » Rules

Subject: End game challenge. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tucker
msg tools
So earlier in the rules it says you refresh items at the end of each chapter, at the beginning of the end game challenges and before the final showdown. However in the endgame challenge section it reads like you refresh items after every challenge. How is it done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

Thank you for the question.

Items are readied at the end of each Chapter as well as the end of each Endgame Challenge.

E.g. you can use your Starting Item once in the first Chapter. Once in the 2nd Chapter. Once in each of the 3 Endgame Challenges. And finally, once for the Final Showdown (i.e. the final prevail-or-perish roll) for a total of six uses over the course of a game.

Also note that a few effects such as Murphy's Virtue allow you to 'Ready an Item' meaning you CAN potentially use the same item 7 or more times in the same game.

I hope that clears things up.

Happy gaming!

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Risdon
United States
South Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, we thought you could use them once total for the Endgame Challenges, not once per Challenge. As we played 2-player, that means we could've used each item 6 times during the Endgame? Looking back, it probably didn't make that big of a difference in the games we've played, but I could see it being a big deal if you have the right items at the right time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where you're getting "six times".

The way I understand it, and I may be wrong, is you confront the endgame challenges individually. So even with four players, you will use an item only once per challenge or a max of three times in the challenges phase.

If you could use your items to help other players during the endgame challenges, then you wouldn't be confronting them "individually" as the rules seem to suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
In a 2-player game you're allowed to face each of the 6 endgame challenges - not only 3...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.