Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Several folks missed this change from last year. Medium and small sellers are only allowed one helper. We were having some crowding issues at tables and this step is being taken to address that.

UPDATE 10/11/16: WE ARE FULL!! All requests from here on will go onto a waiting list and we'll process them as we can.

UPDATE 10/6/16: I just sent out confirmation emails to all of the main sellers. If you didn't get on, shoot an email to bggfleamarket@gmail.com (yeah, I'm not changing THAT just yet) and I'll get a response to you by Tuesday the 11th (I'm going to be out of town over the weekend). Near the bottom of this thread is the list of users that I sent emails to. If you' on that list YOU ARE IN.

We currently have 3 tables left.

Howdy, Howdy, Howdy!

Once again it is time to sign up for the Physical Flea Market Board Game Bazaar. If you are wanting to take part in the Virtual Flea Market, then you should go here.
Changes from last year are listed in RED.

What IS the Physical Flea Market Board Game Bazaar?
It is one hour on Saturday morning at BGG.Con, from 10 AM to 11 AM. During that time you'll be able to purchase games and what-not from other BGG.Con attendees OR sell your stuff to other BGG.Con attendees.

How do I buy stuff?
Line up at one of the four (yes, FOUR) doors leading into the Innovation Ballroom. There will be organized lines and all lines will be let in at 10 AM according to my timepiece. When should you line up? Well, I've seen folks line up at least an hour before the doors open. Bring your money/plastic (some folks takes plastic) and your grail game list. It MIGHT be in that room.

How do I sell stuff?
This is a little bit more complicated, so I'm going to break down all the important stuff:
d10-1 Signup is via this Google Form. Once you submit the form, within 4 days you should get an email from bggfleamarket@gmail.com confirming your table number (It will be faster than that once we hit November). Posting a comment here will NOT get you into the Bazaar as a seller. Filling out the form is NOT a confirmation of entry into the Bazaar. Getting an email from bggfleamarket@gmail.com com IS your confirmation.

d10-2 Sign-up is on a first-come, first served availability. The Google Form has a built-in timestamp so I know which order folks are signing up. If all of the table size you want is taken, I will follow your instructions regarding downsizing your request.

d10-3 If you want to be near your buddies while selling, then pool your resources, anoint someone to fill out the form and list the rest of you as helpers. You can have a total of two or three people per table, depending on size requested (two folks at a small or medium space, three at a large space).

d10-4 Once you get a table, please show up. You can cancel your spot as late as the Thursday before the Con (because, life happens sometimes) but please gauge your need properly. I have a list of folks that didn't show and didn't notify me. You don't want to be on that list. I know some folks 'reserve' a spot if they don't sell all of their wares in the Virtual Flea Market, but don't be the guy last year that didn't show up at all (and I had folks on a waiting list that didn't get in) thumbsdown. Get a table if you are selling at the Board Game Bazaar, not as a backup plan to the Virtual Flea (You can be one of the 'helpers' at your friends table and convince him to stock your wares, but he'll have to list you on his form) thumbsup

d10-5 Tables come in three sizes:
Small: Half of a Medium table (4ft x 30in)
Medium: A 8ft x 30in table
Large: This is a 66” diameter round table

Small & Medium sellers will be assigned to the rectangular tables. Once those are gone, Small & Medium sellers will start sharing the Large round tables.

d10-6 Using a random number generator, I assign a number to that seller. Once again we are emailing you badges to print off that will make reentry quicker. They are not required but if you do not have one you will need to check in each time.
Small sellers will initially have half of a rectangular table. Once the rectangle tables are gone, I will start placing small sellers on the large round tables (two per table). Medium sellers will initially have a whole rectangle table. Again, once the rectangle tables are gone, medium sellers will be assigned to a large table, sharing with a small seller.

d10-7 IMPORTANT DATES/TIMES:

Thu, Nov 10th 11:59 PM: Last chance to cancel your table.
Sat, Nov 19th 09:00 AM: Doors will open so that Sellers can get in to set up their stuff.
Sat, Nov 19th 09:50 AM: Doors will close. Sellers will NOT be let in to start setting up after this time. 10 minutes is just not enough time to get ready. I start giving away unclaimed table space to other sellers within the room at this time. People are not allowed to sell games outside of the room.
Sat, Nov 19th 10:00 AM: The doors open to Buyers and the rodeo that is the Board Game Bazaar starts.
Sat, Nov 19th 11:00 AM: The Bazaar is over and everyone gets pushed out of the room because there are other things that will be happening in there.

d10-8 Check in before you walk in. A Teamgeek person will be at each door with a list of who gets in. Show them your Bazaar badge (that will be emailed to the person who filled out the registration form), they will mark it and you can get in.

d10-9 Suggestions to Sellers: These are suggestions that have been culled from various sources. None of these will enforced (they are suggestions), but they will make your selling experience easier and more profitable.

* Be willing to help clean up. Once you have your games set-up, see if someone else needs help. Once the market is closed, help pick up any trash laying around, or help others pack away their leftovers. Everyone wants to get back to the gaming, but the room is needed for more events in the con. Getting your stuff packed and out of the room (in the hall is fine until you can take stuff back to your room/car after we get the room reset) will allow room for hotel staff to reset the room.

* Price your games. Sounds silly, but the crush of people and noise prevents a lot of folks from trying find out the prices. A simple post-it with the price & NAME of the game (in case the post-it comes off you will know what game it belonged to) will help.

* Inspect your games. Just because you THINK it is complete, double-check it to be sure. Buyers don't have time or room to open your game and inventory it. If you use a post-it for pricing, indicate if the game is COMPLETE or missing certain parts. Please indicate AS IS items very clearly as such.

* Put a note with your name, cell-phone, email and bgg id in each game. If there are any problems, the buyer can get in touch with you (your cell phone allows them to contact you while they are still at the con). In the past we had a game that was accidentally picked up off a table, and I was never able to get it back to the owner. If it had such a note, we could have easily contacted the seller. We also had one game sold that didn't have all of the parts (an accident, of course)

* Get to the selling area early. This allows you time to get your stuff set up and deal with anything that may pop up.

* Price your stuff smartly. $13.50 price means you'll be making change in coin (not smart). Pricing in whole dollar amounts works best.

* Bring plenty of change in the proper denominations. Unless all of your games are priced in increments of $5 or $10, you'll be needing $1 bills. Bring plenty of change in proper denominations and you can make sales quicker.

*Think Upward: You may want to bring boxes to stack on the table to allow for more room to display goods. In previous years some folks have brought small tables to stand on top of over tables. I will allow these if the legs are not too close to the edges. The Large tables are 66 in diameter. Be sure your stuff can safely fit on there, I don't want someone to get hurt if a table or display topples.

* Let buyers know if you take electronic payment: If you use a Square or something similar, post a sign letting folks know that you take plastic. I’ve seen several new folks asking if cash is needed, so having a sign indicating you can process a credit card would probably be welcomed.

Suggestions for Bazaar buyers:

* Leave your loaded backpacks/dufflebags/suitcases outside the flea market. It gets pretty crowded in there and bringing in a backpack already loaded with stuff just makes the problem worse. You can place your baggage in the designated area between doors B & C. Buy a shopping bag & help the Spiel Foundation.

* Just because it is called a Bazaar, don't expect folks to be giving the stuff away. You may see regular market prices on some games, but you will be saving on shipping costs.

* Don't assume a game is complete. Question the seller, obtain his contact information, inspect the game.

* Bringing drinks in is a very bad idea. You don't want to buy a game you don't want just because you dropped your drink on it. thumbsdown

* Bring cash in proper denominations. $10's, $5's, & $1's are great. Don't waltz in with a Benjamin and buy a $2 game. By the time you get change, all the other games you want will be gone.

* We have four lines that will allow buyers in. This is where you guys come in. The last person in line will have a sign with the letter of the door they are in line for. When someone shows up behind you, HAND THEM THE SIGN. A few other things of note:
*Line A cannot block the restaurant.
*Line B cannot flow out into the lobby
*Line C will eventually go down the stairs
*Line D cannot block the Gift Shop. Just leave an open spot in line for folks to be able to see and get into the Gift Shop, then start the line past the Gift Shop. I'm working on updating this picture so that it matches the official layout displayed above.

Once again, please geekmail me with any questions or post them here. I'm subscribed to this thread and will answer all question here and in a geekmail (just to be sure you get answered).

See ya at the Bazaar!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2016 Board Game Bazaar (Formerly known as The Flea Market) Sign-Up Thread
Thanks for doing this again, it's always a highlight of the con for me. Been trying to get a table for years, hopefully I managed to register in time this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2016 Board Game Bazaar (Formerly known as The Flea Market) Sign-Up Thread
Thank you so much for all the work to make this possible!

Board Game Bazaar, here I come! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen stover
United States
lake dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you be the man. Ever year you do a great job. Thank you for all your work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owens
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this! Seller request submitted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted. This'll be my first year selling stuff. Even if I don't actually sell anything I should save a bundle by not buying games from other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Walsfeo wrote:
Submitted. This'll be my first year selling stuff. Even if I don't actually sell anything I should save a bundle by not buying games from other people.

Heh. No one's told you what happens after people set up and before the doors open to the public, have they? ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marvin knighton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Today is a good day to GAME! But then so was yesterday and tomorrow too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted and looking to having another fun experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mollie Klenzendorf
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Signed up! And thanks for all of your hard work with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just did a quick check on registrations and generating random table assignments (verifications of registration will be going out by Thu night). Currently have 42 sellers signed up leaving us with only 8 tables left.

Looks like it will be wall to wall and tree top tall!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Looks like it will be wall to wall and tree top tall!

Has it ever not been?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*prays* to not get 30,31,34,37 the wasteland of the bazaar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the new table layout closer to the top of the post. The table setup in the Waiting To Get In Lines is not correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
am i missing a big change? I just don't see anything that different that will help those middle tables. people will still come in and do the outer loop and leave because of how crowded it is.

if it wasn't a fire hazard i would say just put small gaps for the inner row to get inside and make it a big circle like spring flea was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than two wastelands there is only one and the tables near it lend themselves more to being walked by rather than passed over. It is more of a big loop with a gap in the middle.

The gap is there for a few reasons:
1) What I see as a safety issue
2) Allowing fairly equal access to all the tables, this way the folks on 9,10,11 and the backside of the loop aren't the farthest away from the doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i get you. i understand they're a necessary evil and you definitely are working to make it the most fair and i hope that does improve their traffic somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verification emails should be going out tomorrow (been swamped with stuff this week).
I currently have 2, maybe 3, tables left (I'm doing some rearranging to get the most folks in)

This is who I have signed up so far (not how far down the list I am, darn neart forgot to sign up to my own event, DUR!):
Tolio
Thosw
deitied
TedMarshall
Amy1355
Jacksxt2000
Gregarius
Riplord
tkelly
fnord23
Digren
Despair
Adidas02
dhaeman
Amy1355
skelebone
okiedokie
Nerdipod
A River Runs
mreggers
Drbsgold
stephenstover
molitor4
AmishBurrito
txaal
cscottk
Shampoo4you
Nolajeff
ParadiseLost
TrimChris
kgnunn
walsfeo
lcoffee
Marvin K.
Larva_the_shinma
mklenzendorf
Cheelara1
Ikiru
Nuts!
raythe3rd
texasjdl
Liga007
pumpkinhead76
Munin
jhebert
Dan Manfredini
Pbatt
Solamar
weizur
HDTVDave
Oslanod
Savagespawn <----- Just added these
paevett
eurocle
andrews777
markaaronmassey <----- Just added these

These are only the main sellers, their helpers are not on this list (but they will be on the list to get inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks!
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb

has a small table and he is willing to consolidate with another small seller onto a small table.

Feel free to contact him to work out details. If ya'll DO squeeze onto one table, let me know and we'll get another person into the Bazaar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did verification emails go out? i didn't get one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolio wrote:
did verification emails go out? i didn't get one

Nor I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they did and I will double check those tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinkley
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Yes they did and I will double check those tonight.

Please do, as I do not think I got one either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya know what's AWESOME?!?!?!
Scrolling UPWARDS on your spreadsheet until you get to the TOP!!

THAT
IS
AWESOME!!!

Everyone should now have a confirmation email. In a few weeks I'll send out badges and table assignments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha i got it now thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.