Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Would ZBP season 2 be a reskin of modern zombicide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
I`m glad that it seem CMON is going to alternate ZBP and MD; but was wondering if ZBP would just be a re-skin of modern zombicide. And don't get me wrong I LOVE zombicide original, is just that well I already have toxic, berserkers, skinners, ... If I want to introduce those I can (have MANY other language cards)

I guess that for those that never own zombicide would be ok, but if they were to do something completely new everyone would have something new. I personally would try to just piggyback someone else during the KS for "cool/new" items/mechanics and don't get the full KS, wouldn't see the point of having "angry neighbors fantasy theme" now

I thought about selling my modern zombicide, but I love the missions and haven't even complete all in compendium 1 (and apparently I`m getting compendium 2 now lol)

As you can see this post is nothing more than a wondering.. and to see what others think.

I wonder what are the chances of CMON just doing a re-skin vs developing new mechanics.

Zombie on fire would be pretty cool, they lightup others zombies around them; and the heat from flame "fatigue" you within 1 range giving u 1 action less..
and more zombie animals species: boar (slow, but string attack and hard to kill), rats (yup still hoping for those lol), bats (slow in street, fast inside)

I dunno... just new stuff. You can do much more with others zombies type and zombied animals..



EDIT wow, so many grammar error / typo. I really need to proof-read my post lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't they do both? New and old?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh totally! if done right.
for example.. if the core game is something new and the addons (or even some SG) are old.

like new mechanics for the core game and the expansion; but you get a free box of toxic as SG (or available as addon) if you want to add these. That would be awesome

what I would hate is the core box having just a re-skin and having X new mechanic as addon / SG
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is something like orc zombies with the beserek mechanic. And other races for toxic and crawlers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope we dont see repeats of the modern zombie types in future bp installments.

Theyd be ok as stretch goals or addons, but not as the main new enemy type in the box.
I want bp to have its own idetity, and that means it's own special zeds.

Note: I would absolutely like to have seekers in bp. But no toxics or berserkers or Skinners.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the idea of a "flaming zombie", set alight by a torch or from walking through a fire. They set other zombies in the same square (only one at a time). Replace a normal zombie every turn with a fire zombie.

Maybe a "Plague" zombie, you automatically take one damage (no save) from the cloud of disease that surrounds them when you are in the same square. This is in addition to the normal damage you would take from a successful attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon! I want the dragon! cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Smothers
msg tools
A dragon abomination would be great just for the mini
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect season 2 will bring in zombies that have been in original Zombicide. I think other creature types are more likely to turn up in Massive Darkness than in a future ZPB season. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems logical.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping for rat swarms and zombies that spawn them when you kill the zed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My "Opinion" only:

I kind of doubt they'll build Z:BP S2 around Modern S2. The whole point of Z:BP was to focus on fantasy tropes.

Now that said, and as mentioned by others, I would not mind having, Berserkers, Toxics, etc as add-ons, like Crows and Deadeyes. But, the Crows were added on to the KS (allegedly)due to backer suggestion/request... However, they already had the models, so it was just a matter of redesigning the package.

In order to add say Berserkers, they would need to design all new minis. Which makes more sense as a Full season theme.

The upside, is that even were CMoN to do that, the story and tiles would make less sense in the Z:BP world, so I imagine that those would certainly be unique.

In which case; would a S2 re-skin, in that context, be so bad? I don't know.

Still, ideally, we'll get all new goodies for Z:BP S2, and I REALLY would like to see some new types of Undead added to the game in lieu of recycled modern zombie types. Clearly Skeletons are on the table (don't bother pardoning that pun), so Mummies, Ghouls, Liches, and so on could also make the cut.

All of this said, I don't know if anyone is more excited to find out the answers to questions about S2 than I am!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:
My "Opinion" only:

I kind of doubt they'll build Z:BP S2 around Modern S2. The whole point of Z:BP was to focus on fantasy tropes.

Now that said, and as mentioned by others, I would not mind having, Berserkers, Toxics, etc as add-ons, like Crows and Deadeyes. But, the Crows were added on to the KS (allegedly)due to backer suggestion/request... However, they already had the models, so it was just a matter of redesigning the package.

In order to add say Berserkers, they would need to design all new minis. Which makes more sense as a Full season theme.

The upside, is that even were CMoN to do that, the story and tiles would make less sense in the Z:BP world, so I imagine that those would certainly be unique.

In which case; would a S2 re-skin, in that context, be so bad? I don't know.

Still, ideally, we'll get all new goodies for Z:BP S2, and I REALLY would like to see some new types of Undead added to the game in lieu of recycled modern zombie types. Clearly Skeletons are on the table (don't bother pardoning that pun), so Mummies, Ghouls, Liches, and so on could also make the cut.

All of this said, I don't know if anyone is more excited to find out the answers to questions about S2 than I am!




why would they have to do new models for berserker? the clothes? the zombies from modern and ZBP are pretty similar exc for clothes; and would that be a big deal? I guess for painters would be quite a hell to make the mini look "zbp-like" hmmmm

I think, sadly, that I agree with @Stephanie

Stephanie Baynes wrote:
I suspect season 2 will bring in zombies that have been in original Zombicide. I think other creature types are more likely to turn up in Massive Darkness than in a future ZPB season. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems logical.


and others types of undead unlikely to appear in ZBP2 (THOUGHT WOULD LOVE ME SOME GHOULS and MUMMIES), but I think that doing so, will remove possible enemies for MD which is concentrating in monsters.
That said, more xover possibility?

I really hope is not a re-skin. Making a mechanic of "zombies that are just kill by melee" = bersekers, would be imo very uncreative and lazy; when they can create so many other things, even just using zombies..

time would tell..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Abominabunny!!!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
QorDaq wrote:
My "Opinion" only:

..[clip]..

Still, ideally, we'll get all new goodies for Z:BP S2, and I REALLY would like to see some new types of Undead added to the game in lieu of recycled modern zombie types. Clearly Skeletons are on the table (don't bother pardoning that pun), so Mummies, Ghouls, Liches, and so on could also make the cut.

All of this said, I don't know if anyone is more excited to find out the answers to questions about S2 than I am!




why would they have to do new models for berserker? the clothes? the zombies from modern and ZBP are pretty similar exc for clothes; and would that be a big deal? I guess for painters would be quite a hell to make the mini look "zbp-like" hmmmm




Why new models? Because a human berserker isn't going to work with the fantasy theme. It won't be good enough for the rabid fans. Necromancers and Liches raise nightmarish undead horrors from the grave and beyond void oblivion. We want Death Priests and Plaque Masters. We need Toxic Spectres, Berserk Skeleton Giants (double height or so of a common hero is fine), Life draining Ghosts, Dark Shades that bring misfortune to the Heroes. Maybe even mummies, though I've never been that fond of the concept outside of an actual raided tomb, meaning I don't think they'd be summoned by the Necromancers unless the tiles are matching that setting. The coolest thing for CMoN to do is not give us as many humans in the next Z:BP, but other well loved fantasy tropic races like, orcs, elves, haflings, and so on. Especially those types as the zombies and other undead. This is a chance for CMoN to develop a bit more story world to their game. Depending on how far they want to take this. Some random generated in game side quests would be a cool new mechanic. Rescue a survivor and get a side quest from them for a Vault Item or something like that.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
QorDaq wrote:
My "Opinion" only:

..[clip]..

Still, ideally, we'll get all new goodies for Z:BP S2, and I REALLY would like to see some new types of Undead added to the game in lieu of recycled modern zombie types. Clearly Skeletons are on the table (don't bother pardoning that pun), so Mummies, Ghouls, Liches, and so on could also make the cut.

All of this said, I don't know if anyone is more excited to find out the answers to questions about S2 than I am!




why would they have to do new models for berserker? the clothes? the zombies from modern and ZBP are pretty similar exc for clothes; and would that be a big deal? I guess for painters would be quite a hell to make the mini look "zbp-like" hmmmm




Why new models? Because a human berserker isn't going to work with the fantasy theme. It won't be good enough for the rabid fans. Necromancers and Liches raise nightmarish undead horrors from the grave and beyond void oblivion. We want Death Priests and Plaque Masters. We need Toxic Spectres, Berserk Skeleton Giants (double height or so of a common hero is fine), Life draining Ghosts, Dark Shades that bring misfortune to the Heroes. Maybe even mummies, though I've never been that fond of the concept outside of an actual raided tomb, meaning I don't think they'd be summoned by the Necromancers unless the tiles are matching that setting. The coolest thing for CMoN to do is not give us as many humans in the next Z:BP, but other well loved fantasy tropic races like, orcs, elves, haflings, and so on. Especially those types as the zombies and other undead. This is a chance for CMoN to develop a bit more story world to their game. Depending on how far they want to take this. Some random generated in game side quests would be a cool new mechanic. Rescue a survivor and get a side quest from them for a Vault Item or something like that.


true... but then again, on the other hand ZBP, had just "human" zombies for standards and that KS broke records.

And yes, I agree.. this is a chance for CMON to develop their game more, and hence: wouldn't it be more, better to bring a new mechanic with those new models?

having new models with the old mechanics is just a "cheap" trick of we do nice mini. which I`m hoping is not the case.

ps I`m liking all this fly of ideas / views
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Pruter
South Africa
flag msg tools
Is it just me or would a zombie outbreak in a dwarven mine be a great idea?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toshi1990 wrote:
Is it just me or would a zombie outbreak in a dwarven mine be a great idea?

Just you.
I think no one really want BP sets to be revamp of modern stuff. CrowZ or DogZy WolfZ have been the field of too many cries for GG to walk such path again.
Although different zombie races would be a brilliant option to explain different zombie rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If bp2 is just a reskin of modern my wallet will breath a sigh of relief. Because I have little/no interest in toxics and berserkers in bp. I want new, interesting zombie types for black plague to give it its own identity.

That said, it wouldn't bother me at all if they offered those zombie types as addons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.