$30.00
$15.00
T Smith
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all. I was playing with the glyphs. The only way I could get my 12th door was discarding glyph card and picking up the door from the table with only 4 cards left in my deck. With the rule about will lose if you can not fill your hand from the deck it seams like if you cant perform a action like incantation or Paradoxical prophecy you would also lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played with the glyphs but if you complete the victory conditions I'd think you win immediately (before drawing back up to five)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I have not played with the glyphs but if you complete the victory conditions I'd think you win immediately (before drawing back up to five)?

You win immediately if you gain the final door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Smith
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

Yes you are correct I would win before drawing up to five but I concerned if I can do an incantation with less than 5 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gr8osiris wrote:
Robrob wrote:

Yes you are correct I would win before drawing up to five but I concerned if I can do an incantation with less than 5 cards.

If you at any time need to draw cards to.fill.your hand and.there are none to draw, you lose.

From phone sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You lose if you must draw a card and the draw pile is empty. An incantation (or a prophecy) lets you reveal the top cards of the deck, choose one to either put into play or discard, then place them back at the top of the pile. If the deck has less than 5 cards left, then reveal all the cards.

You don't fill your hand until after you've performed the incantation/prophecy, so you do not lose because of it. And, as has been mentioned, the game instantly ends when you put the last door into play, so you don't have to draw cards after it. So you win if the door was the last card of the draw pile, and you win with the incantation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find anything in the rules that explicitly addresses this, but there is an analogous rule for a Prophecy (playing a Key, and looking at the top 5 cards of the deck): on page 8, the note says that if there are less than 5 cards remaining in the deck, reveal all of those cards. So by analogy, for an Incantation, reveal all of the remaining cards. I say you won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.