GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,871 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: Finished miniatures on custom bases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've nearly finished painting the contents of the Core box. The details of these miniatures is remarkable! Regardless of how poorly the rules have been handled, my experience with the models have been quite the opposite.

I have been experimenting and came up with satisfying colors and techniques to paint each faction. The marine camo scheme (and sourcing "Accurate" colors) was a fun challenge. The alien color scheme was an equally unique challenge. Finally, painting the predator' hide went through several iterations and still needs tweaking before I am satisfied.

And now the pics:
Group shot
Colonial Marines
Warrior Aliens
Predators
Infant Aliens
Stalker Aliens

Each model has a custom base made with Aves Apoxie Sculpt. So far, its been a blast creating hive resin and custom eggs . I can't say enough about how great the models are. If only the company behind these models wasn't so shady
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job , bases look really cool, also the models!

Where did you get the promethian thing in the background from ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
enie wrote:
Nice job , bases look really cool, also the models!

Where did you get the promethian thing in the background from ?

Thanks, that is the Space Jockey from NECA's Cinemachines line. They also make an APC, which is a little small, but close enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome color selection and paint job. Wish you had a better camera, to truly do them justice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
Awesome color selection and paint job. Wish you had a better camera, to truly do them justice.

I think it's the lighting (kitchen counter at night shake)... I may redo the photos when I have time. I just wanted to get them up quickly to show off what I've been up to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you make that egg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Did you make that egg?

I pulled the molds from the Horrorclix queen alien

You can also see the molds for the alien hive that I pulled directly from an old warrior alien figure . The difference in scale makes for some great textures for the hive. In the back is a diamond grid texture I pulled from a statue.

I used actual molding silicone for the eggs (I couldn't be more pleased with the results). For the rest, I used RTV silicone caulking that I quick-cured with cornstarch. Though limited in application, these kinds of molds work great to pull out textures quickly/cheaply. I'm always experimenting with new ways to create awesome things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sneek peek on my terrain project for the wargame rules:
Alien isolation inspired doors
Some custom bases I have yet to finish as well, and a failed experiment in molding a stalker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.