Hide
4 Posts

BATTALIA: The Creation» Forums » General

Subject: This game against... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tan Song
msg tools
...Battlecon. I know I know these two games are as different as bread and cake, but I'm deciding which of the two to get and would really appreciate some views from someone who owns both on which is more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both.

Battlecon is easier to play. Less complex and a lot shorter.

So if you think you will get more mileage out of an easier game, go that route.

But if you want a deeper game that takes longer with more depth. Go Battalia.

Like you said, they are super different so it really depends on what kind of itch you want scratched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tan Song
msg tools
Thanks for your helpful response! That was unexpected because most reviews I read about battlecon were good, but emphasised that you need to be willing to put in the hours to get to know the characters. For that reason I thought battalia would be the less complex game. I play with new groups often and so was thinking whether battlecon would be more suited for that purpose?

If you don't mind me asking, what is your personal pref?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, it would take hours to learn EVERY battle con character, but to just pick one that you find interesting and to start playing takes no time at all.

Personally it is really hard for me to pick. It depends on my mood.
It is basically asking the question, do I like heavier games over lighter ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.