Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Played a 3 player game tonight with wife and friend.

Fun game and lots going on. The slide a tile on 3x3 grid is very interesting and the heart of the game. I believe I ended up coming in 3rd place but still had fun.

The rules look intimidating but the game makes sense once you play a round or two.

Any questions, fire away!

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get it? I think Board Game Bliss had it for preorder but I missed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skovatch wrote:
Where did you get it? I think Board Game Bliss had it for preorder but I missed out.

I played it with Frank DiLorenzo of RnR Games.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG has only rated a single game by designer Günter Burkhardt over a 6/10. What score would you give Ulm, and what specifically makes Ulm special?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:
BGG has only rated a single game by designer Günter Burkhardt over a 6/10. What score would you give Ulm, and what specifically makes Ulm special?

What I really found interesting was the 3x3 grid which dictates what 3 actions you have for each turn (and subsequently what actions you can take away from your opponents).

I have not (I don't think) played his other games so I cannot compare or comment on that.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rahdo was as always enthousiastic on his podcast, but it looks too colorful, silly even. The 3x3 heart of the game - while interesting indeed - looks crappy and flat. I'll gladly pass on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.