Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos R
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello everyone! Newcomer to this part of the U.S. and looking to play some games with people. I've read through several threads and have stopped by a few of the game stores around the area including Madness in Plano and the store over in Denton, but would also like to post on the message boards for gamers. I like all sorts of games, and my tastes go through phases like all of ours. Some games I've been itching to play lately are:

Descent
LOTR: LCG
Mage Knight
Terra Mystica
Legends of Andor
TI:3

...and more!

My schedule is still adjusting to my new job, so I won't have set days of the week I am consistently available, but I will keep showing up at different game shops to try to meet the fellow gamers. If my location and taste in games are similar to yours, drop me a message and let's see if we can get together and play some games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I am in Argyle (about 6 miles south of Denton - maybe 10-12miles due west of you). I currently attend a bi-weekly meetup in Colleyville, but, that is probably a bit far for you. (I am mostly going because I am friends with the people in the meetup already).

More Fun Comics and Games is the go to game store in Denton. They have a location on the Square in Denton, but, about 4 blocks away they have a game center with tables and open gaming days.

The Reaper Miniature factory is also in Denton, and they have a full game store attached to the factory, with open gaming, D&D Adventure League, Pathfinder Society, and a convention this month, ReaperCon.com.

The Madness in Denton is NOT affiliated with the one in Plano, so, if that is the one you went to in Denton, that explains the difference in the stores.

I am pretty much an omnigamer, with a Eurogamer wife, and an Ameritrasher/Wargamer son. We'd be open to meeting up somewhere in the area for gaming. Or, if you are interested in a meetup, you could join us in Colleyville this weekend.

Feel free to send me a PM, and we can chat about trying to find a place to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos R
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Google mapped Colleyville and it is about the same distance from me as the Plano store, so I wouldn't be opposed to stopping by for one of your meetups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H.
United States
Cibolo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pop in to the DFW area from time to time for work and your game tastes follow mine pretty well.

I'll toss you a heads up next time I'm in town, maybe we can meet at a shop and get a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked out the Dallas Games Marathon? The Thursday night group may be a bit far to drive for, but the once a month weekend marathons might be worth the drive. Friday 6pm through Sunday 6pm. DallasGamesMarathon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I can die fighting. I imagine it's easier the second time around.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been in the area a while, but I'm relatively new to hobby gaming. I live in Denton, and I can probably get away for a few hours a couple times a month (kids, wife, work) for several hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.