Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liz Swonguer
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When placing a creature/artifact/enchantment do you have to place it in your battlefield or can you place it in an opponents. There are some creatures that seem very disadvantageous for the controller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Creatures, artifacts, and enchantments enter play on your side after you cast them unless the card specifically says otherwise.
Anything with "Enchantment - Aura" will say something in the text box like "Enchant creature" in which case you can target one of your own, or one of their creatures and your card will come into play attached to that creature, but you still "control" the card itself.

There are some creatures with drawbacks, but I'm curious which creatures you are referring to specifically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will is correct. You may also want to look into cards like Donate, Bazaar Trader, or Harmless Offering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are often creatures that have a drawback of some kind. You take a damage every turn, your opponent gains life when it comes into play. This is usually to offset a discounted price on the creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other folks here have it pretty much covered, but I wanted to clarify a somewhat common misconception from the OP.

In magic I have a graveyard and a library and a hand that are 'mine' But really there is just one battlefield and it's shared by all players
(Think of it as the table you are playing on).

The cards 'in front' of me on the battlefield are the cards I control for the most part, but might not be the cards I own (see: mind control).

Also for the sake of game-state clarity auras are usually put under the creature or other object they are enchanting. So yes, I can have a creature in front of me with your aura attached to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.