Subject: Pivot Tank - Rotate Turret interaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Cameselle
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Excuse the ultra-noob question, but never been driving a tank myself...

Let me expose this situation as an example:
Suppose my Sherman is facing sector 6-8 while the turret is pointing at 4-5. Now I want to pivot the tank to 4-5 for better dealing with a SPG unidentified threat (and possibly advance towards it next turn). Would it be enough giving the driver pivoting orders, or should the gunner rotate the turret too (to keep its current orientation)?
So, the general question is:
Does pivoting always affect turret orientation, as it seems more logical to me, or not?

Thanks in advance, you guys at BGG fora are always helpful and supportive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding, and the way I play, is that the turret and hull always maintain the same orientation if the tank pivots. So in your example the turret would remain pointing 1 sector counterclockwise (left) of the hull if the tank pivots to sector 3-4. To make the turret and hull point in the same direction you'd also need to issue the gunner an order to rotate the turret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I play too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Cameselle
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my understanding too. Much appreciated, Ryan and Steve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.