Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

Played my first game of this tonight and loved it but I want to make sure we played some of the rules correctly:

1.) Can heroes cast spells the turn they arrive?

2.) Exhausted units cannot defend and are not considered to be on patrol, correct? In other words, a unit who was on the taunt patrol spot for example but attacked last turn can be ignored when the opponent attacks?

3.) Are units allowed to be rearranged among the patrol slots during one's turn? If so, does that mean I can attack with a unit giving it +1 attack for example, and if it dies during the exchange I can move an another readied unit into that slot for the same bonus (and attack with it)?

4.) Can units with haste be played onto patrol spaces in order to receive a bonus when attacking? This specifically came up during our game with the 5-gold "summon two 3/1 sharks" spell.

5.) I can summon heroes of one spec to cast their spells but tech my buildings to another spec in order to summon that spec's units, correct?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I can help you

1) Yes. The exception to this is heroes can't cast ultimates the turn they arrive even if they're maxband. The exception to this is the two "quickcast" ultimates.

2-4) Units and heroes are never in patrol zone slots on your turn. At the start of your turn all things in the patrol zone leave and go to your in play area. Then the last thing you do before your opponent starts their turn is chose which of your units and heroes to put into the patrol zone. Exhausted units and heroes can't be placed in the Patrol Zone.

5) This is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Immensely helpful, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tietsort
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick additional clarification. This may be a ridiculous question but...

On your turn a unit attacks and is exhausted. At the end of your turn it is sitting in your play area. Next, on your opponents turn he/she is attacking you, you have no one in patrol. However, you have two exhausted units in your play area. At this point your opponent can attack whoever it wants, your tech, your base, or your units in your play area. This means your opponent can or can not attack your exhausted units? If they can, does your exhausted unit defend? I assume no. Normally they would want to attack your base anyway, but the question remains, can they attack an exhausted unit? And if so, does that exhausted unit do damage back to the attacker...?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No ridiculous questions.

You can attack exhausted units and exhausted hits will still deal their damage back to attackers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tietsort
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Thanks... I need to try to flush my mind of Magic the gathering comparisons when thinking about the codex rules. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.