14 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Player board size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy just shipped but wanted to get the player board size so I could order adhesive magnetic sheets for them.
Tia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hansen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand how to use the magnetic boards to keep your resources somewhat organized but how would you use it to keep your production level cubes, which are not metal, organized?

I love the magnet idea BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathewsdad wrote:
I understand how to use the magnetic boards to keep your resources somewhat organized but how would you use it to keep your production level cubes, which are not metal, organized?

I love the magnet idea BTW.

Replace them with metal cubes, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travelbug wrote:
adhesive magnetic sheets

Interesting idea. Would they work with the standard player-coloured cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought the cubes were metal? arent they?

iirc, i did see/hear this mentioned in a couple of review vids in yt. or am i wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travelbug wrote:
i thought the cubes were metal? arent they?

iirc, i did see/hear this mentioned in a couple of review vids in yt. or am i wrong?

All of the cubes are plastic, so magnets won't work if you're not going to replace them. The resource cubes are just painted with copper, silver and gold to look a little more luxurious. As the player cubes are transparent there's no way they could be made of metal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the people using magnetic backing boards are replacing the player cubes with other metal pieces, or are attacking a metal base to their cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For those that have played, is it mostly the color production cubes that cause issues if the board is bumped, or also the resource cubes? I am wondering if metal backing, with colored magnets for production is worth it, or if the resource cubes will still get bumped and cause issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarcuS wrote:
For those that have played, is it mostly the color production cubes that cause issues if the board is bumped, or also the resource cubes? I am wondering if metal backing, with colored magnets for production is worth it, or if the resource cubes will still get bumped and cause issues.

For me it was more the production cubes, as a bump in those will send them to a completely different value. The areas for resource cubes are large enough, that it takes much more force to intermingle those cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rigby
United States
Spring Hope
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Designer & Inventor Emeritus
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarcuS wrote:

"Shameless plug to follow" I designed a clear acrylic overlay that most people seem to like. It holds the production cubes and has buckets for resources. Board Game Innovation is producing them for folks who may be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
The metal cubes from the BGG Store are not ferromagnetic (they don't stick to magnets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I think it's fairly easy finding replacement metal cubes. Just wondering what the size of the the game cubes are if anyone is interested to measure them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please post some high res photos of our overlay - I is hard to see if from the picture on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
travelbug wrote:
Just wondering what the size of the the game cubes are if anyone is interested to measure them.

The player cubes are standard 8mm translucent plastic. The metallic cubes are 7mm, 8mm, and 10mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.