Subject: How do the campaign games work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I have played the full Red Barricades campaign, and in it, each campaign day is 7 turns maximum (often less.) In that few a number of turns, the slaughter is immense, and you have about 30 days' worth of campaign games to play. Yes it's a little exhausting but it's also amazing.

I have come across a copy of BR: T, and I want to pick it up. I am curious how the campaign game works since the entire campaign for the island was about 4 days in total.

Also, in considering the godawful task of getting from the edge of the lagoon across the reef to the beach, one would imagine that takes a TON of turns whether wading or in an LVT because they all move so slowly.

How does a campaign 'period' (I don't know if there are 4 per day or a day and a night, or whatever) function compared to Red Barricades, and how long can the campaign periods be in ASL turns?

In Red Barricades, a game generally took 12 hours (there were only two of us) and we finished in roughly 30 weeks. Man what a commitment. But I would do it again in a heartbeat if I could find a (face-to-face) player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the BRT rules in front of me but all campaign games work much the same. In A Bridge too Far every day has up to four possible scenario "dates" (AM, PM, EVE and N). The full campaign game can have 19 scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each BR:T CG Date consists of three separate scenarios (AM, PM and Night). Dates for different CGs are as follows:

CG I: 21 AM - 22 PM

CG II: 20 AM - 22 PM

CG III: 20 AM - 22 PM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Ashburnham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the midst of CG III currently - just wrapping up the initial scenario. Truly one of the most epic ASL experiences I've ever had. Highly recommend, get it if you can
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I won the auction of an unpunched copy (including strategic guide) for US $330 which I thought was a steal.

Do the campaigns force marines to come ashore over hundreds of yards, or how is the wading ashore handled and the LVT mess? How many turns in a battle session?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kieffer

Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Not to hijack the thread, but this is the most recent one on here.

I was fascinated with ASL 15 years as a teenager but could never find anyone to play with. I've just been digging around the Multimanpublishing site and Blood Reef Tarawa isn't even listed. I remember dreaming of getting this someday when it was first announced but never did. Many other of the old modules are listed on the MMP site, and it says out of print. BR:T isn't even listed though, did something happen with this that would explain that? Hoping to satisfy my curiosity, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hardly an authority on the subject, but I think BR:T was out of print when MMP took over from Avalon Hill and there isn't enough interest to warrant a reprint. I know the fact that the occasional copy goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay makes it seem like there is enough for a reprint, but there would have to be at least a thousand people standing in line for a reprint before it would justify the effort and investment in a reprint. One of those things ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.