Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: OS2 progress for delivery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
OwlCon in Houston is announced for the weekend of February 10th. I got into Onslaught 2 specifically as a convention game. The last impression I got was that next year was looking likely. Do we have any current vague guess on when? I'd like to start getting an idea of what I can run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Arthur's latest estimate (from mid-September) points to a delivery between December 2016 and February 2017, with January being the most likely. So it looks like the timing could work out for you and OwlCon, but there also is a certain chance that the game won't make it in time ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow around January hunh? Kind of a shame, been kind of holding off playing to a degree because ive wanted all of the goodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Lovejay
Canada
West of Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Don't thread on me!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Wow around January hunh? Kind of a shame, been kind of holding off playing to a degree because ive wanted all of the goodies.

IMHO, it's a bad idea. You should play as much as possible with the base game to prevent being submerged and confused with all the additional info coming from the add-ons.

My 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emylovejay wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

IMHO, it's a bad idea. You should play as much as possible with the base game to prevent being submerged and confused with all the additional info coming from the add-ons.

My 2 cents.

What that guy said. Playing and mastering and then having more goodies thrown in is WAY better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
emylovejay wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

My 2 cents.

What that guy said. Playing and mastering and then having more goodies thrown in is WAY better.

Besides, if you wait for OS2, then you'll also have to wait for OS3...all the way up to OS n+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah, well I didn't actually pledge for a whole lot, so I won't get too swamped. More I'm really looking forward to the materialistic goodies, thicker boards with revised rules, custom dice, 3D Gates. Also being able to fit a 5th player in.

I've gotten it to the table twice so far and really enjoyed it, but I'm a sucker for fancy components so it hurts a bit throwing puny, boring dice and trying to errata the boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.