4 Posts

Eschaton» Forums » General

Subject: Card balancing question? Thrall vs. Fanatic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aahs jpw
msg tools
mb
The effort given to theme in this game is impressive.

I looked at the content on the kickstarter page video and GenCon 2016 video and saw something puzzling strategy-wise.

The Thrall and the Fanatic both cost 2 influence, but the Fanatic has 2 aggression and the Thrall only has 1 aggression.

Is there ever a reason to influence Thralls instead of Fanatics?
Are there mechanics involving Thralls-only effects, or unmentioned card type/purchase limits that would ever make them have value equal to an available Fanatic at that same price?

Thanks for answering!

aahsjpw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple!

Thralls are worth a favor point each at the end of the game (see the lower right corner). No other influencable (totally a word, I swear) cultists are, save Initiates -- the player with the most Initiates gets a 7 point prize at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Schneider
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatesphere wrote:
...the player with the most Initiates gets a 7 point prize at the end of the game.

Is there a card the reflects that? I don't remember reading that in the rules. Seems like a very odd addition to the game. The end game already comes down to a scramble for points, with everyone just buying up Thralls on the last turn or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mc
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Points of Favor on the Winning page. Pg 16

"Initiate Horde" Seven points of favor to the player with the most Initiates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.