Subject: Trog "Battle Cry": When does "control" resolve? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
If the Trog player (in a 4p game) uses the "Battle Cry" skill to resolve War Parties in an unoccupied region, intuition suggests that they would immediately gain control of that region. On the other hand, as far as I can tell, the rules only explicitly state that control is gained at the end of a move action or battle.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 Move Action: End of Move Action Step 3: "If your Units are present in a Region with no Units belonging to other players, immediately gain Control of the Region by placing one of your Control tokens in the Region."

That's what I'd do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darric wrote:
If the Trog player (in a 4p game) uses the "Battle Cry" skill to resolve War Parties in an unoccupied region, intuition suggests that they would immediately gain control of that region. On the other hand, as far as I can tell, the rules only explicitly state that control is gained at the end of a move action or battle.

Which is correct?

You gain control in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
chas59 wrote:
Page 7 Move Action: End of Move Action Step 3: "If your Units are present in a Region with no Units belonging to other players, immediately gain Control of the Region by placing one of your Control tokens in the Region."

That's what I'd do.

Those are the rules for the end of the Move Action step, this isn't a Move Action ... but I'm going to assume, as James says, the same rule applies at all times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.