Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The EXCEED Organized Play Pre-Season is here!

Tournament documents, for the curious:
http://www.level99games.com/downloads/tournament-documents.h...

I'm looking around to see where I can set up a weekly organized play event in Plano or Dallas.

This League environment is one where you get points just for playing (but more for winning). This is not a tournament. It is a recurring event which will have ongoing free play for any interested local gamers.

Anybody interested in meeting at Madness Games & Comics (in Plano) on Friday nights (before/during FNM primetime, if we can carve out the space) or Saturday afternoons?

I'm also trying to organize a weekly event for BattleCON, so my scheduling target for this might change as I get in touch with local stores about that. (I love both games, but I have to admit, I'm more hyped about the EXCEED League points prizes. We can clothe Eva and Nehtali! At least their character cards, which is a start!)

2016-10-08 update: This week's event will be at Madness Games & Comics (in Plano) tonight, October 8th between 09:00 PM and midnight! Sorry for the short notice!

2016-10-11 update: This week's event will be at Madness Games & Comics (in Plano) this Saturday, October 15th between 08:00 PM and midnight!

2016-10-17 update: This week's event will be at Madness Games & Comics (in Plano) this Saturday, October 22nd between 08:00 PM and midnight! (We'll start early if folks show up early!)

2016-10-24 update: This week's event will be at Madness Games & Coimcs (in Plano) this Saturday, October 29th between 08:00 PM and midnight! (We'll start early if folks show up early!)

2016-11-07 update: This week's event will not be a thing, due to the fact that I won't be available to run it. Next event will be Saturday, November 19th between 08:00 PM and midnight (as usual, we'll start early if folks show early, and we'll end whenever everyone's done if that happens to be before midnight)!

2016-12-18 update: I haven't been keeping this thread updated every week, sorry, but I'm still showing up at Madness every Saturday. =) EXCEED events begin at about 07:30 PM (but may start early if folks show up early) and run 'til midnight. Drop by anytime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block 2 has begun! The Bonus Objectives (AKA Quests) for this block are as follows:

Power Up!
Play 3 games with fighters from this list: Heidi, Eva, Morathi, Baelkhor

Button Mashing
Hit an opponent with a Wild Swing, 3 times.

Guard Crush
Use a Spike or other 'Ignore Armor' attack to hit an opponent who plays 'Block', 3 times.

Ultimate of Ultimates
Hit with an EX Ultra Attack, 3 times.

Perfect
Win a game with 30 life remaining.

Bring the Thunder
As Ulrik, do 12 or more damage with a single attack.

As always, Quests are on a per-event, not per-game basis. You can complete "Ultimate of Ultimates" by hitting with an EX Ultra Attack one game, then two more during the next game, for example. However, you can't complete it by hitting with two EX Ultra Attacks during one event and then hitting with one more during the next event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block 3 (10/31~11/13) has begun! The Bonus Objectives (AKA Quests) for this block are as follows:

ENKI Program
Play 3 games with fighters from this list:
Eva, Kaden, Reese, Vincent

EXceptional!
Hit with an EX attack, 3 times.

Like a Book
Force your opponent to strike with a card using the 'Reading' Boost, 3 times.

Asking for It
Hit an opponent with each of these Attacks:
Ulrik's "Second Strike"
Nehtali's "Hell's Salvation"
Mei-Lien's "Raijin Oath"

Gauging the Competition
Win a game with 10 or more cards in your Gauge at the end of the game.

My Way of the Ninja
As Satoshi, win a game without declaring a Strike (except via Boost effects).

As always, Quests are on a per-event, not per-game basis. It's impossible to complete "Asking for It" in a single game, for example, but neither can you complete it by hitting with "Second Strike" during one event and then hitting with "Hell's Salvation" and "Raijin Oath" during the next event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Level 99 Organized Play season (which includes BattleCON, Exceed, and Pixel Tactics) begins March 1st, 2017!

Events will continue to be held every Saturday from 07:00 PM to midnight at Madness Games & Comics in Plano, TX. Until Season 1 starts, I don't guarantee that I'll be at Madness every weekend, but you can still find me there most Saturday evenings. =)

Also, in order to survive the off-season, I devised the following list of (completely unofficial) Exceed Off-Season Block (1/1~2/28) Bonus Objectives, here presented for the mild amusement of passers-by:

Redacted Roster
Play 3 games with fighters from this list:
Deques, Lieselotte, Rose, Wynne

EX Files
Hit with the same EX Normal Attack in three consecutive Strikes.

Ultimate Showdown
Play an Ultra Attack during the same Strike that your opponent plays an Ultra Attack, 3 times.

Folly of Choice
As Morathi, win a game without using a Wild Swing.

Cherry Tapping
Defeat an opponent by dealing exactly 1 damage (after Armor).

Off By One Error
Win a game after using the Change Cards action to draw the last card in your deck.

(Note that no points or other rewards will be gained upon completion of any of these objectives. The bragging rights, on the other hand, would be incredible.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.