Subject: Valid combo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played a solo game and won by the skin of my teeth on my last credit (I had 14 credits on the last generation and needed one more ocean - then realized I had 4 cards I could discard to get exactly the 18 I needed to buy it!)

In the course of the game, I played Medical Lab fairly early on (+1 MC production per two building tags) for a decent MC production boost. Much later, I got Robotic Workforce, which says "Duplicate only the production box of one of your building cards." I took that to mean I could duplicate Medical Lab in my current state, counting all my current building tags (not just the ones that I had when I first played Medical Lab), so I got an even bigger MC production boost the second time.

Is that a valid combo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
notwebsafe wrote:
I just played a solo game and won by the skin of my teeth on my last credit (I had 14 credits on the last generation and needed one more ocean - then realized I had 4 cards I could discard to get exactly the 18 I needed to buy it!)

In the course of the game, I played Medical Lab fairly early on (+1 MC production per two building tags) for a decent MC production boost. Much later, I got Robotic Workforce, which says "Duplicate only the production box of one of your building cards." I took that to mean I could duplicate Medical Lab in my current state, counting all my current building tags (not just the ones that I had when I first played Medical Lab), so I got an even bigger MC production boost the second time.

Is that a valid combo?

It is a valid combo, and it's probably the most powerful one you can do with Robotic Workforce. Smart move!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
notwebsafe wrote:

Is that a valid combo?

Yes it is. Robotic Workforce can be very good
Congrats on the win!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
notwebsafe wrote:
I played Medical Lab fairly early on (+1 MC production per two building tags) for a decent MC production boost. Much later, I got Robotic Workforce, which says "Duplicate only the production box of one of your building cards." I took that to mean I could duplicate Medical Lab in my current state, counting all my current building tags (not just the ones that I had when I first played Medical Lab)

It's the only practical way to do it as well I'd say, or else you'd need to keep track of exactly how much of a bonus you receive whenever you play cards like Medical Lab.

Leave annoying memory labour like that to the robotic workforce. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fryxen wrote:
Yes it is. Robotic Workforce can be very good
Congrats on the win!

Thanks for the confirmation, and for the great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.