Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: RTL: Why no treasure chests? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaj Thomsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
Does anyone know why the designers didnt use those in the app? To me, loot and gear treasures is an essential element in evey dungeon crawler. Sure, buying new items in town is cool, but finding a new axe in a corner or maybe from a boss monster feels so much better and in tune with the genre.

At least i hope this returns in 'the delve'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy
msg tools
Problems with tracking of drawn cards... App doesn't know which loot card you got. And request "did you get treasure chest" would be worse

Also, d2 is not a dungeon crawl. More of a puzzle, really.
In the delve, I believe, you would get items between encounters. So there will be chance to upgrade items inside one playthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
mbmb
One thing is problem how to inform app about new item, you would need to confirm that is not a treasure chest every time you search. And when you pickup the item you need to provide its name, or select it from quite big list.
Other is that game balances the items heroes can get, some are accessible only on certain fame level.

Jinn's Lamp provide the same difficulties and I assume that app will never alow you to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Kostin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Necksnappa wrote:
Does anyone know why the designers didnt use those in the app? To me, loot and gear treasures is an essential element in evey dungeon crawler. Sure, buying new items in town is cool, but finding a new axe in a corner or maybe from a boss monster feels so much better and in tune with the genre.

At least i hope this returns in 'the delve'

By the way, you can sometimes find items while searching instead of drawing a search card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, in terms of finding cool stuff in the dungeon, I know of at least one case where there's a relic you can find by searching the right area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Thomsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
voidez wrote:
Problems with tracking of drawn cards... App doesn't know which loot card you got. And request "did you get treasure chest" would be worse

Also, d2 is not a dungeon crawl. More of a puzzle, really.
In the delve, I believe, you would get items between encounters. So there will be chance to upgrade items inside one playthrough.

Should be really easy to make in the app... Kind of the same way you assign which skills you pick. I mean.. The items are already registreted in your collection, so choosing them from a list after you draw a could could be made really simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would the app ask you draw a card and then select that card from the list in the app? It will instead just tell you that found such and such item and you will get it in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
mbmb
And such effect exists in the app. It may instruct you to draw specific item form the item's deck.
But this is different mechanic than treasure chest card and another reason why game instructs you to remove this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
Why would the app ask you draw a card and then select that card from the list in the app? It will instead just tell you that found such and such item and you will get it in the deck.

Exactly, they even already have the code, shops have random items, they could use the same code and just limit it to a single card. There is no reason not to do it, other than it's a fairly small feature that would still require some testing.

That said you can still use this card, you just can't sell the item

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy
msg tools
Quote:
will instead just tell you that found such and such item and you will get it in the deck.
But in this case treasure chest still should be removed from deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voidez wrote:
Quote:
will instead just tell you that found such and such item and you will get it in the deck.
But in this case treasure chest still should be removed from deck

Yes, that was my point. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Thomsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
Mishenka wrote:

Cause i want t to be as random as finding a fire flask... But yeah, it would be cool if the app just randomly dropped items in search tokes also. Kind of the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.