2 Posts

The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches» Forums » Rules

Subject: IP , woods questions & Event! opinion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier S
msg tools
Hi all,

we're making the "Initial plan" scenario with new players, in order to learn the mechanics of game and pass to the big campaign... We'll see what happens.

So, we are testing rules and learning, and as usual new questions arise with the playing. In this case:

- IP: the Entrenchment marker sets the defense of the unit under it to "Armoured", as it has a black blackground on it. But, in the case of the IP the background is white: does an armoured unit under an IP get to have an "Unarmored" defense? It should be better that the IP defense should have no background (as in "Bocage", for example).

- I'm not sure of this: if a unit with organic transport enters a Woods hex -without road-, does it lose its organic transport?

And finally, an opinion about the Events. We in our group have opposite opinions about events (in all wargames, not only for TGD). I don't disagree with events as they don't change dramatically the game. But in this game we have found some really annoying.

It had to happen the "Lost" event against the allied player: the german player can move a unit or stack 5 hexes away from its position and mark it as lost. So, you can move the stack defending Pegasus Bridge, and make it "disappear" from its well prepared and entrenched position after 12 hours of holding it? I think this has nonsense (by the way, I'm playing the german side... just in case ). We think a better "Lost" event would be to treat it as a "Delay" for the stack (as in the case of paradrop/glider or drift delay). What do you think?

As always, thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I list the Lost rule, as long as only a unit in column gets lost. Otherwise an entrenched unit could spring up and be lost. If the event was "mistaken call to withdraw", I might be okay with it, but since it's Lost I think units in column should go astray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.