Subject: Smoke: SMK S And D - Confused rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just about to add smoke to the game using UM 2 B card

As i understand it the earlier M1 tanks had smoke grenade launchers and could also use it engines to generate smoke , but it didnt have smoke shells - could be wrong on that

The SMK designation on OTHER weapons cardS denotes smoke shells got that

So on the UM 2 B card and others we have say S3 and D5 in the ammo limits section. But no SMK weapon designation

so what does this mean?

yes it has dischargers (ie D5 ammo limit 5 so that makes sense)

But what does the S mean

That i can pop smoke with my engines and or dischargers or both

or i have to chose one of them ( in that case i would always use the dischargers ?) ps - is there some difference in smoke sheaf pattern - eg Smoke S = single hex whereas Discharge has an open sheaf pattern

or does the S signify that I also have smoke shells ( but then why don't I have the SMK designation)

I also see that i have the SMK/IL and S/I ammo limit designation on one of the other other weapons cards ie smoke and illumination rounds with limits - which makes sense for that vehicle

So slightly confused?

Gazman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered this question earlier, the 105mm armed M1 and M1IP (along with the M60A3) carried smoke shells. I didn't have space on their data cards to fit "Smk" without making the text too small.

These vehicles may fire smoke (see 6.1.4.3.10).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim

I thought I had searched the previous threads but must have missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gazman2 wrote:
Thanks Jim

I thought I had searched the previous threads but must have missed it.

I may have answered it on the Consimworld MBT page. It all runs together sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.