Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: How big of a table do I need for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andris Borbíró
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there! For people who have played all scenarios (or at least more of the lengthy ones...) - can you give us an estimated necessary table size? I have only played the first one, and I guess it must be the smallest one, but if I'll have played more, I will post my table size in cm x cm dimensions.

By the way, for me this is a very important aspect for each game (small room - small table...), and I am very sad that it is not a basic information for board (or even card) games on their BGG profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not necessary information for everyone is why it isn't on the BGG listing. You can always figure out where to place things to make it fit. Have you heard of/played Tetris?

Besides, a table is very rarely ever required to play a board game.

In any case, if you look at pictures of the game and people playing the game, I'm sure you can make an educated guess on how much table space you'll need.

I can only assume you're not playing on some kind of airplane tray table.

And I can already imagine the response I will probably get. Let me jump in front of it and have you notice that I'm in Japan. We don't have space luxuries either. At least I know I don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
It is not necessary information for everyone is why it isn't on the BGG listing. You can always figure out where to place things to make it fit. Have you heard of/played Tetris?

Besides, a table is very rarely ever required to play a board game.

In any case, if you look at pictures of the game and people playing the game, I'm sure you can make an educated guess on how much table space you'll need.

I can only assume you're not playing on some kind of airplane tray table.

And I can already imagine the response I will probably get. Let me jump in front of it and have you notice that I'm in Japan. We don't have space luxuries either. At least I know I don't.

Very little help, here.

I havent played the other scenarios, so I dont know.

Try using the floor, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I play on a standard size dining room table (minus the leaf in the middle) and it is enough for 5 people with cards and drinks in front of them, the map in the middle, and the laptop with the app on one of the ends with the stack of map tiles next to it (without the laptop, could fit 6 people, but that isn't necessary for this game, or my group in general). The only thing NOT on the table is the box of monster figures which I keep on another chair beside me, so as they are spawned I pull them out.

Sometimes we have to rearrange things a little as the maps spread out while exploring, but I have never run out of space so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ping Pong tables work great for gaming, (just remove the net)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, it has a very medium sized footprint. Nothing crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played once but I was surprised how little space it took. The app handling most of the "cards" was the biggest saver. I am used to playing big sprawlers like Arkham Horror, Shadows if Brimstone etc so this one was refreshing. I agree that medium would my description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Our table is 50" x 33" and it's more than large enough - drinks and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.