5 Posts

1830: Railways & Robber Barons» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stock price penalty if without train rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Erik Knop
msg tools
Hi

I have a copy of 1830 since 1986 and have played it many times, but re-reading the rules made me wonder:

The share price goes up ("right") when I pay dividends, and down ("left") in all other cases. Does this mean if the company is without train the stock price falls?
What about the first round when the company has no train yet? Does the share price fall on the very first go?

Thank you for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Germany
Essen
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes -- no train --> no income ---> share price fall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InNC
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And to be clear...

Is the company floated? If not, ignore it!

The company calculate revenue. If the revenue is above zero, the President decides to Pay or Withhold.

If the Company Withholds or had no revenue to begin with, the stock prices moves LEFT.

If the Company pays, the stock price moves RIGHT.

*** Certain locations on the stock market grid will cause these lefts and rights to actually happen as up or down.

In the First Operating Round, all Floated Companies will see their stock price move LEFT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since "Purchase Trains" is the 5th and final option on the Railroad Operation Sequence (i.e. that company cannot declare a dividend on its first operating round following a 'float'))- doesn't EVERY newly floated company see it's share value token move left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.