$20.00
I'm looking for a shuffling machine that takes the cards you put in and shuffles them over and over until you decide to stop.

The shufflers I have seen all shuffle once and then stop. I would like to have the cards shuffled continuously (I don't mean the special re-randomization by that, just what it means literally) for as long as I keep the machine going.

Is there a product like that? I'm not concerned with the cleverness of the randomness, just that it keeps shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Splitting the deck into two parts is likely the reason why card shufflers only shuffle one time. It requires human intervention to split the cards for another shuffle.

A shuffler that could do that would likely be very expensive due to the added mechanics of handling the cards other than shuffling.

Here is one on Amazon that appears to do what you are seeking. it is $700 however.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GBKCZW/ref=s9_topr_hd_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Keane
Australia
Hawthorn
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you're after isn't considered a desired feature since all it does is increase wear on the cards.

You might be able to rewire a cheap shuffler to loop until it's powered off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machinus wrote:
I'm looking for a shuffling machine that takes the cards you put in and shuffles them over and over until you decide to stop.

The shufflers I have seen all shuffle once and then stop. I would like to have the cards shuffled continuously (I don't mean the special re-randomization by that, just what it means literally) for as long as I keep the machine going.

Is there a product like that? I'm not concerned with the cleverness of the randomness, just that it keeps shuffling.

Vegas doesn't need to do this. Just curious, why do you? Seems like a lot of wear and tear on the cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend like that. He mechanically mangles my cards until I tell him to stop.

Pete (keeps his card games off the table when this guy shows up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you have got to 'sufficiently randomised' you are done. 10 minutes of shuffling later, you are still at 'sufficiently randomised' - what's the point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelanen wrote:
Once you have got to 'sufficiently randomised' you are done. 10 minutes of shuffling later, you are still at 'sufficiently randomised' - what's the point?

As I said in the original post, I'm not concerned about randomization.

I have seen shuffling machines that reform the deck, but I have not been able to find much information about them. It's not a very complicated device. Has anyone seen one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Machinus wrote:

The *only* purpose to shuffling a deck many multiple times (or continuously for some time period, which amounts to the same thing) is to increase randomness.

If you're not concerned about randomization, what is your point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Machinus wrote:
It's not a very complicated device.

Heh. Do tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

The *only* purpose to shuffling a deck many multiple times (or continuously for some time period, which amounts to the same thing) is to increase randomness.

What a narrow mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machinus wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

What a narrow mind.

So... Will you share why you're looking for it? I know I'm very curious, that's for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theapostlegreen wrote:
is to increase perceived randomness.

FYP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

Why does it have to have a point? Maybe he just wants to see if its available and thought it would be cool to have such a device.. Ever see the "useless box" they sell amazon.com and ThinkGeek.com? You flip a switch and a lever or hand extends and switches it back. Its literally named the "useless box", but people still buy them..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glouie wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

Why does it have to have a point? Maybe he just wants to see if its available and thought it would be cool to have such a device.. Ever see the "useless box" they sell amazon.com and ThinkGeek.com? You flip a switch and a lever or hand extends and switches it back. Its literally named the "useless box", but people still buy them..

Then THAT RIGHT THERR would be the point.
But OP hasn't said it.

(BTW I'm super curious too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Machinus wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

What a narrow mind.

If you want to vapidly troll, may I suggest posting in YouTube or Reddit forums instead? You'll find a much more receptive audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
glouie wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

But OP hasn't said it.

I have a manual shuffler and I usually put the cards through it 3-4 times to ensure a good mix. It would be cool to have one that kept going without having to move the cards back to the top.

Has everyone just completely ignored the post with a link to the very device the OP was asking about? It's literally the first response and answered the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:
glouie wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

But OP hasn't said it.

I have a manual shuffler and I usually put the cards through it 3-4 times to ensure a good mix. It would be cool to have one that kept going without having to move the cards back to the top.

Has everyone just completely ignored the post with a link to the very device the OP was asking about? It's literally the first response and answered the question.

I'm really confused why you think people ignored it. There's no need to repost it or take other action about it. Anyone else on this thread probably doesn't want the device, especially with the price tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's called "YOUR HANDS".
It (usually) comes with 10 fingers included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
Machinus wrote:

What a narrow mind.

If you want to vapidly troll, may I suggest posting in YouTube or Reddit forums instead? You'll find a much more receptive audience.

What a useless post. Also, you do not know what "troll" means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Jensen
United States
Sedro Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
OutOfHabit wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:
glouie wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
[q="Machinus"]As I said in the original post, I'm not concerned about randomization.

But OP hasn't said it.

That makes sense what you said. You want a good mix. People were only asking because he specifically said he doesn't care about randomization, which is strange for a card shuffler. People asked why he would want one then, and instead of answering or saying politely, "It's none of your business" he decided to be rude. We are all curious as to why you would want a $700 shuffler if you don't care about shuffling the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zjensen3 wrote:
That makes sense what you said. You want a good mix. People were only asking because he specifically said he doesn't care about randomization, which is strange for a card shuffler. People asked why he would want one then, and instead of answering or saying politely, "It's none of your business" he decided to be rude. We are all curious as to why you would want a $700 shuffler if you don't care about shuffling the cards.

No, I didn't. This thread is obviously not for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.