3 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Points/coins for neighbours' cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom X
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, have played 7 Wonders quite a few times, and there are sometimes situations that come up that I'm not 100% sure of the rules. I've had a look on here and can't find the exact same thread:

1) If you play a card that gives you coins/points for every resource card, do you include the resource that's on the wonder board? I've assumed not up to now, because technically it's not a card.

2) When you play a card that gives you coins/points for certain cards your neighbour has in their city, do you include the ones they play that turn? I know you can't use resources in this way, but equally there is a commerce card which says to include itself in the calculation when played.

Eg - Collect coins for every brown card either side, and in the same turn your neighbour plays a brown card.

While I'm here, a couple of other questions!

3)I know you can't build the same structure twice, but does this also incude resources? It was something I hadn't thought about until a recent game - it seems obvious that you can't have two Apothecaries, but not as sure about having two Lumber Yards...

4) I understand that the second Wonder stage of Halikarnassos A allows you to look through the discard pile when you build that stage of the wonder. If played on the last hand of an age, does this include all the last-hand discarded cards? From a strategy point of view, isn't it massively disadvantageous to play this at any other time other than the last hand? And also, surely the best time to build this is the very last hand of the game, but then by doing this you can't complete your wonder...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano Luzny
Czech Republic
Velké Přílepy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No. Your assumption is right

2) Yes

3) Lumber Yards are structures, too. You cannot have two of them.

4) Yes, you can look through the discard pile including those last-hand discards. Of course, if you postpone it until the very last turn in the last Age, you will not copmplete the Wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom X
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks - looks like I had been assuming the right things then! Good to get clarification though as people often question it and I'm never 100% sure of myself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.