Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Stanley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just had word from the manufacturers, confirmed by the distributors, that this title - originally promised for September - will now not release until November, at the earliest angry

Cancelling my pre-order; I'm not supporting products that make so many false promises!

Be VERY surpised to see this one, any time before next year yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Games did pretty much the same thing with Odyssey: Wrath of Poseidon.

I don't know why I thought it might be different this time angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Pugh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I thought it was meant to be released in August originally? I could be wrong, though.

Just cancelled my preorder. I needed this by October 20 anyway for a Hallowe'en themed cottage weekend. Maybe next year around this time I'll pick it up, assuming it's any good. Dice Tower is supposed to release their review this week I believe (Tom mentioned it in his most recent q&a). Curious what they have to say about it, as reviews have been mixed thus far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, that is a HUGE setback. Granted its only another month, but its the most important month. Everyone interested in this, myself included, wanted it for Halloween themed get togethers. Who wants to play this during Christmas time ?

Im 100% passing now and will check it out next year. I expect a large percent of people will also follow suit. Thats a shame tho.... but the theme and this October release window needed to coincide or else its not really worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Who wants to play this during Christmas time ?

*looks around cautiously, then raises his hand*

I'm still in for this. I'm very disappointed, especially because this is holding up an order of stuff I am really wanting. I guess I will have to re-prioritize things... again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Silvers
United States
adairville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really excited for this as a Halloween game also. Not sure I can wait. I really don't want it holding up my Arkham Horror TCG preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless someone is creating all the individual components themselves, publishers do need to rely on manufacturing plants to actually make the game. If something happens with that plant and things are delayed it's out of the publishers hands. They can't just go down the street to someone else so their hands are tied.

No matter how disappointed and frustrated you may feel I'm willing to bet the publisher and game designers feel it worse. No one wants a game to be delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if this has to do with fixing the board that was mis-punched? Either way, I wouldn't fault the publisher too much... release delays happen all the time with board games. There are just too many variables that make dates more of a guessing game than anything else. It certainly does stink that it won't make Halloween though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish they would say something. I'm sure they are upset about the delay too because it will cost them big money missing the Halloween date.

As of September 23rd they were still saying October release so if this changed it must have just changed. So hopefully there will be an announcement soon. If they have a good reason for the delay I think people will be more forgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi all, not false promises, but hard work only for fix bug on the maniac-screen and for this little inconvenience (factory problem) the game release in end of october/first half of November, because the pubblisher don't want put in your hands a game with bug, but a only perfect game.
My advice: not to cancel pre-orders because the price is very affordable (preorder) and I think for this game so special is worth having a little patience. Escuse me for my terrible english, but I hope you understand. heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coopasonic wrote:
Xhawk wrote:
Who wants to play this during Christmas time ?

*looks around cautiously, then raises his hand*

I'm still in for this. I'm very disappointed, especially because this is holding up an order of stuff I am really wanting. I guess I will have to re-prioritize things... again.

Dont get me wrong... Im still interested in the game, but considering how many new games still are to come out soon, plus the usual backlog of older games, makes it easy to wait for this one, considering it wont be available during the most fun time to get to play it. Might as well wait then, theres no rush, I have LfW to play in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robstanley1 wrote:
Just had word from the manufacturers, confirmed by the distributors, that this title - originally promised for September - will now not release until November, at the earliest angry

Cancelling my pre-order; I'm not supporting products that make so many false promises!

Be VERY surpised to see this one, any time before next year yuk

shake

Was there a signed promise-to-release-document that I missed on all pre-orders? Misplaced anger methinks IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The horror! zombie

Guys, sometimes games get delayed.

And much like Horror movies are not scary only on Halloween, I'm sure this game will also be fun on other days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I got it at Gencon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Pugh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Didn't the Gencon version have a misprint on the maniac tracker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DickHams wrote:
Didn't the Gencon version have a misprint on the maniac tracker?

It was backwards. But I think the company said they would replace all the misprinted ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold out pretty quickly at Essen also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.