Subject: Ohhhhhh......now I get it. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed TEG on Kickstarter ages ago but only recently got it to the table for a solo game. After reading the rulebook front to back a few times, I felt I was ready to dive in.

I picked myself a game board (black I think) and thought that since red is a rogue color, I'd use the back of the red game board for the rogue player.

After the first few rounds, it was clear that this game was not going very well. The rogue player was already well over halfway to the required victory points while I had a measly 6. I chalked this up to it being my first game. Thinking perhaps I messed up some rules and missed some strategic opportunities (I likely did both). I finished the game, the rogue player won by a hefty margin, and reset the boards to try again. This time I had a better understanding of the game mechanics.

Nope. Still got destroyed. Well that's enough of this game for the night!

The following day, I took another crack at it. Black for me, rogue red for the rogue. The game was a little closer....but not much. "This game is impossible!" I declared as I started to gather up the components to put back in the box. Then it happened. I noticed that tiny bit of text on the bottom of one of the OTHER rogue boards that read "Medium Rogue Galaxy". No way........I began to turn them all over, "Beginner Rogue Galaxy", "Hard Rogue Galaxy"..........A knot started to form in my stomach. What have I been playing against this entire time?

"Epic Rogue Galaxy". Awesome. Thanks brain for guiding me towards the red player board. *audible sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are now forged in the fire and a true galactic warrior. Easy difficulty is for wimps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the exact same thing when I got my copy though it only took me 1 play through before I figured out where I went wrong. Played against red as black too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.