$60.00
$20.00
Chris - Meeples' Corner
United Kingdom
Crediton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Back by popular demand: Our last Gaming Days have been a success and with all the new Essen games coming out it's time to have another day of gaming.

This year we will meet at the Crediton United AFC clubhouse, which means that unlike the last couple of years, this year children are welcome to come along.

We are meeting on the 19th November from 12.30pm. We can use clubhouse until 9.30pm in the evening.

Attendance for the day is free, we are still talking to the football club about the arrangements for the bar and food, but worst case is that everybody is free to bring along food and drinks.

Once I know what games will arrive after Essen in time for the Gaming Day, I'll post a list of available games here.

Possible special guests on the day are Paul Grogan (Gaming Rules!) and Joel Wright (Devon Dice Podcast).

Our group is also meeting every Tuesday evening at the Phoenix cafe in Exeter. There is a Facebook group to organize the weekly meetings: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mcgaming/

Please send me a message if you have any questions about attending. And if you would like to come along, please let me know, too.

Looking forward to seeing you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a great day Christoph, I won't be along this time because Taunton Library is holding an event for International Games Day @ Your Library.

So many games, so few opportunities to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully I should be attending this time, also will there be parking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris - Meeples' Corner
United Kingdom
Crediton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Parking is no problem, there are the two big (free) car parks from the Leisure Centre next to the clubhouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris - Meeples' Corner
United Kingdom
Crediton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only two weeks until our Winter Gaming Day here in Crediton. Time to give you an update about the new games from Essen I will bring along to the Gaming Day for you to try and play.

Confirmed as available so far are:
Dream Home
Fabled Fruit
What's Up and 3 Wishes (small card games from NSKN)
Great Western Trail
First Class
Age of Thieves
Camel Up: Cards
Chariot Race
Colony
Cottage Garden
Jorvik
Las Vegas Card Game
Ulm
Vikings on Board

More of the games we from our regular Gaming Nights will also be available like Hit Z Road, Junk Art and The Networks. And because this year we will meet at the Crediton United clubhouse, children can come to our Gaming Day and I will bring some Children's Games for them to enjoy.

If you have any questions regarding the Gaming Day, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't be there but hope it goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris - Meeples' Corner
United Kingdom
Crediton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
A quick update regarding the Gaming Day: Joel from the Devon Dice Podcast will attend the event and bring along a few of the games he has reviewed for the podcast. Games he will bring along are Flamme Rouge, Clank!, Nine Worlds and Mech vs. Minions.

I've also received a few more games for the shop and will bring demo copies to the Gaming Day:
- Jolly & Roger
- Phalanxx
- Pocket Madness
- Xibalba
- Winner's Circle

The bar at the clubhouse will be open from 4pm until 9pm. Outside of these hours we can bring our own drinks and we can use the kitchen for hot drinks. Foodwise we are free to bring our own food. There are also a few very good local takeaways available for orders in the evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can vouch for Clank! Very good deck building board game. I'm banking on a game of Colony for the day though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris - Meeples' Corner
United Kingdom
Crediton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is the final list of new games I will bring to the clubhouse on Saturday:
A Feast for Odin (German Edition)
Colony
Myths at War
Small Star Empires
Project Mars
The Colonists
Great Western Trail
Age of Thieves
The Arrival
Jorvik
The Oracle of Delphi
First Class
Ulm
Cottage Garden
Vikings on Board
Fabled Fruit
Camel Up Cards
Dwarves Duel
Oceanos
Dream Home
Airlines
Chariot Race
Coal Baron Card Game
Las Vegas Card Game
What's Up
Noch Mal
Arcane Academy
Not Alone
Kingdomino

In addition I will also bring alot of "older" games along like Keyflower, Council of Four, Dynasties, Cacao, Mystic Vale and Hit Z Road.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
So how does it work exactly?

Do I need to contact you first to ensure there is space or can I just turn up on the day?

Can/Should people bring their own games or turn up and play what's there?

I'm thinking of popping along with my (10 year old) son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just roll up, Simon, no need to book in. Hopefully there should be plenty of room being in the football club clubhouse

Chris brings lots of games along from the recent releases at Essen, but that shouldn't preclude you from bringing anything you fancy playing (or think anyone else might like to). We often use the big game days as an excuse to get in some of those bigger games that see less table time than we'd like.

This year I'm determined not to get carried away myself, but will still turn up with a bag of games I fancy playing anyway. One group is going to have a go at one of the TIME Stories scenarios, if not two... another friend is bringing Scythe... so plenty going on that isn't listed too!

One thing though, the bar is meant to be open from around 4pm, so before that it'll require folks bringing their own refreshments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris - Meeples' Corner
United Kingdom
Crediton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sam has said it all. Hopefully you and your son can make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.