Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Morale Strategy deck includes two copies of the following card:

Take Down the Beast (Costs 1 Command Point; activate in Command Phase)
Place in your play area. When combining fire against a heavy vehicle, you may discard this card to gain 3 additional firepower.

Pretty straightforward.

My question: if you are lucky enough to have both of the Take Down the Beast cards in your play area, can you discard both of them to gain +6 firepower for the same attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. (Which means it's probably no.) Just one man's opinion.

Unless there is a special scenario rule which doesn't allow it, i.e. only one may be played at any one time, then why not? Personally though, I wouldn't see me ever using both at once unless there were say, only one heavy vehicle facing me or it was absolutely imperative I destroy that one tank to hold a key objective in the last round or something like that.

I don't have the game handy at the moment but I do note the text refers to combined fire so use one with one firing unit and the other with another firing unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that it would be very situational, but also agreed that it would be legal.

Regarding:

Quote:
I do note the text refers to combined fire so use one with one firing unit and the other with another firing unit.

The card usage isn't associated with any particular unit, just with the act of using Combined Fire. No need to assign the card to a specific unit, it just adds +3 to the overall attack. In particular, it would be legal (IMHO!) to use both "Take Down the Beast" cards even if you had only one unit supporting the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus A
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ceej wrote:
The card usage isn't associated with any particular unit, just with the act of using Combined Fire. No need to assign the card to a specific unit, it just adds +3 to the overall attack. In particular, it would be legal (IMHO!) to use both "Take Down the Beast" cards even if you had only one unit supporting the attack.

Agreed. I can find no rule that would prevent a player, who is combining fire, from resolving both such cards during a single action—as long as both cards were previously activated and, therefore, in the play area (at the ready).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
Can definitively be nice with the extra firepower in the scenario you are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, cards can be combined when possible.
This also applies to the Take Cover card. In fact, I think there was something in the old RCD about this. Let me check...

Q: My opponent from last night had 2 "Take Cover" (gives 2 extra cover) cards ready on his play area. In one of my assaults, he added a token to each of them, thus gaining 4 extra cover. Is this allowed?
A: Yes.... cards can be used together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.