6 Posts

Tiny Epic Western» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Dueling Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liking the game a lot so far, though my experience to date with it has been solo play. Hoping to try it with the family soon.

Do the rules for Dueling in Solo play completely replace the multi-player Duel rules, or just add to them?

Specifically when dueling in Solo play, if I lose the first roll of the duel is my only option to pay influence to force the AI to re-roll or draw a new card? Or can I also pay the standard influence to re-roll my own die as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering this too. Additionally, can you reveal your poker card to win a duel as you can in multi player?

Playing a few rounds solo, I used both the solo rules and normal rules while dueling, and found it relatively easy (especially when I had a high poker card). Though, there was that one time I spent influence to make the AI re-roll 4 times...and he kept rolling 5/6s, the cheater! (It was still worth it, I effectively traded resources I didn't need to get what I wanted, plus the additional resource for the Wanted card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
I'm wondering this too. Additionally, can you reveal your poker card to win a duel as you can in multi player?

I have been playing it that I can reveal my card. Without this it seems like it would be unfairly difficult to win a duel.

Braffe wrote:
Though, there was that one time I spent influence to make the AI re-roll 4 times...and he kept rolling 5/6s, the cheater! (It was still worth it, I effectively traded resources I didn't need to get what I wanted, plus the additional resource for the Wanted card)

I had multiple duels in a single game where the lucky AI rolled 5/6's until I was forced to accept defeat... Funny how I can be so lucky when I am rolling for the AI! Needless to say, I lost that game pretty decidedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there an official answer for this? If the solo rule adds to the existing rule it seems a bit superfluous to me. If it replaces them, winning duels can indeed be very costly; it does make the Boss cards with duelling bonuses more powerful though, which is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For Solo play: You may still pay a regular influence (force if attacking, and law if defending) to reroll your own dice. And, you may still add your poker card to a duel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thankyou!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.