Subject: This week in GOP stupidity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like stupidity, as far as the female electorate is concerned, marches on in the GOP. On the West Coast we have the the GOP contender for the Governorship in Oregon (Bud Pierce) coming up with this statement during a debate when asked about a report on domestic and sexual violence against women.

“A woman that has great education and training and a great job is not susceptible to this kind of abuse by men, women, or anyone.”

Since the crowd immediately turned ugly at the inference that only poor stupid women get abused, the massive backpedaling immediately began with this follow up comment.

“OK, so powerful women have access to lawyers and courts and go at it,” he said. “But the women who are most vulnerable are poor women who don’t have a place to turn, because they don’t have shelter, they don’t have family around them. So I would argue that in addition to strong laws and going after every sexual predator and every abuser, that the way we can make women have a better existence and be less susceptible to being harmed is to make them powerful in terms of their job and their opportunity.”

Sorry, damage done. That little bon mot is going to stick in everyone's minds. With this point of view, not too surprising he managed to go from a tie in July to 8 points behind now. With more bad news to come from the polls after this no doubt.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oregon-governor-debate-female-sus...

And then Rudy Giuliani's defense of The Donald taxs were a tad on the tone deaf side as well.

"Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman, and the only thing she’s ever produced is a lot of work for the FBI checking out her emails," the former New York City mayor said on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/rudy-giuliani-donald-t...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The GOP seems to be self destructing before our very eyes. Pushing away all who are not white males. I would say it doesn't get much stupider than this, but they will find a way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
and people say that HRC isn't a "job creator". pshaw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giuliani is the second worst thing to happen to the GOP after Trump. The media loves to get him on camera because stupid flies out of his mouth at ludicrous speeds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the actual RNC didn't attend the very odd RNC convention. I feel the "real" RNC has suffered a hostile takeover by Mercer and others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Giuliani is the second worst thing to happen to the GOP after Trump. The media loves to get him on camera because stupid flies out of his mouth at ludicrous speeds.

Do you think he's angling for AG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
On the West Coast we have the the GOP contender for the Governorship in Oregon (Bud Pierce) coming up with this statement during a debate when asked about a report on domestic and sexual violence against women.

“A woman that has great education and training and a great job is not susceptible to this kind of abuse by men, women, or anyone.”

Since the crowd immediately turned ugly at the inference that only poor stupid women get abused, the massive backpedaling immediately began with this follow up comment.

“OK, so powerful women have access to lawyers and courts and go at it,” he said. “But the women who are most vulnerable are poor women who don’t have a place to turn, because they don’t have shelter, they don’t have family around them. So I would argue that in addition to strong laws and going after every sexual predator and every abuser, that the way we can make women have a better existence and be less susceptible to being harmed is to make them powerful in terms of their job and their opportunity.”

Sorry, damage done. That little bon mot is going to stick in everyone's minds.

Ehh... without reading any more than what you posted there, this seems like a bullshitty thing to hassle the guy for. Powerful people--people with resources, be they financial, or friends & family they can call on, or whatever--are better able to defend themselves from harassment & abuse; do you disagree with that? Saying "not susceptible" when he should have said "less susceptible"--that's what you've got? If that's at the top of the list for this week's GOP stupidity, they're kicking ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
On the West Coast we have the the GOP contender for the Governorship in Oregon (Bud Pierce) coming up with this statement during a debate when asked about a report on domestic and sexual violence against women.

Sorry, damage done. That little bon mot is going to stick in everyone's minds.

Ehh... without reading any more than what you posted there, this seems like a bullshitty thing to hassle the guy for. Powerful people--people with resources, be they financial, or friends & family they can call on, or whatever--are better able to defend themselves from harassment & abuse; do you disagree with that? Saying "not susceptible" when he should have said "less susceptible"--that's what you've got? If that's at the top of the list for this week's GOP stupidity, they're kicking ass.

Hey Mcfisticuffs -- it's only Monday. These updates come hourly. Maybe by Friday there will be body parts in the Trump campaign bus, which will then be passed off as the dastardly work of "liberals' lack of respect for life", or "Trump's absolute genius at cutting to the meat of the issue".

Concluding with LIB MEDIA UNFAIR on this board.

--finis--
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I wrote, put down the phone, got back to it, had lost what I had written, but, thankfully, Kuhrusty was able to retrieve my musings and post it under his name.

Basically it boils down to "not susceptible " vs "not as susceptible."

Given the definition of "susceptible " both of those statements mean exactly the same thing. Something that is not susceptible is still not immune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Right. Weak sauce. Trump usually does stupider than this with his first tweet of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hey Gov.Pence, "Trading Places"-movie should become "real-life event" in the 'cases' of PROVEN-innocence, so, you now then LEARN what's THAT "dislike"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tone death to his own music rather then evil.

Yes I think he just did not think through what he was saying (he is also wrong, rich women are subjected to abuse they can just get better justice once they have been victims and protection to help prevent it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
TRUMP, do you "go around" LOOKING as a 'jerk' during the work week, on a work day? Stay 'stronger', PTSD-folks.
sauron-TRUMP:~"weaksauce-day? What day ..upending in DAY is THIS?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.