Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Superhero Skrimish Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Khurram Khan
msg tools
Can someone recommend a superhero skrimish game that will allow me easily build existing characters from comics ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Legion. If you don't mind preset characters, Sentinel Tactics: The Flame of Freedom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one I know of is HeroClix, though I don't play it, only use the figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Lister
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to go into miniature tabletop gaming I hear good things about Batman Miniature Game and Marvel Universe Miniature Game: The Avengers Starter Set (link to one of many starter sets)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Lister
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinel Tactics is great but doesn't have existing characters from known comics (Marvel, DC, etc), instead they are fixed but original characters although strongly inspired by recognisable archetypes (for example Legacy is kind of Superman mixed with Captain America, The Wraith is similar to Batman, Tachyon is similar to The Flash, Ra is similar to Thor except for being Egyptian and fire based rather than Norse and thunder based and so forth)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khurram Khan
msg tools
Thankyou you all for the recommendations.

Still cant find one that will let me "build" an iconic character. Example if i get myself the Marvel Universe Miniature game, will the rules let be build a Ninja Turtle or Green Lantern etc. Can Sentinels Tactics do that?

Also since someone mentioned Heroclix i have a question - if Heroclix now uses cards, why cant the powers of the character just be printed on the individual cards now, the constant having to go through the Powers and Ability Pamphlet has been a put of for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jinat wrote:
Example if i get myself the Marvel Universe Miniature game, will the rules let be build a Ninja Turtle or Green Lantern etc. Can Sentinels Tactics do that?

Sentinels Tactics has preset characters, so no, you can't simply make Green Lantern. The Marvel Miniatures game looks to use the same sized miniatures as the DC ones, so having Green Lantern as part of the group seems doable. There was no other specific license I saw with those miniatures so TMNT would seem to be out. If you want as many IPs as possible into game, Heroclix is really the only option in terms of finding minaitures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khurram Khan
msg tools
Im not looking for games that will allow me to find miniatures of IPs, im looking for a game system that will allow me to quickly build the stats for the IP i want to use.

As in i already have Heroclix minis, but i dont like the game, so which system will allow me to use those same minis with its rules, and has custom unit build rules so i can have stats of the IP minis that i already have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.