Subject: Going back to Where You Came from with the "Ride" Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When executing the "Ride" Action in phase 2, would it be legal to stay in the car, even if there was a horse next to your car?

What I mean is: Could your bandit climb out of the car and mount the horse, then choose to move 0 spaces, and finally climb back into the (same) car again (effectively doing nothing/staying in place)?

Or would this go against the spirit/principle of the rule that "each player must use his action, if it is still possible" (=> rulebook, page 3, Phase 2: Stealin')?

After all, the bandit did ride a horse (for a split second maybe), before deciding to climb right back inside to where he came from... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,

In the situation you are describing, your Bandit must move. He is not allowed to stay in the car since the situation before/after you perform your action can't be the same except if you have no choice.
But if your bandit were on the roof, he can ride the horse and end in the same car but on the floor level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, great - thanks a lot for the clarification!

(One less dirty trick to pull off, but I like the consistency that the situation actually has to change if your action can be performed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Doesn't this rule, say you can ride zero? In this section I don't see any restrictions from Top to bottom, or car to stage coach as the only zero options.

Is the response above official, and can be read anywhere?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:

Doesn't this rule, say you can ride zero? In this section I don't see any restrictions from Top to bottom, or car to stage coach as the only zero options.

Is the response above official, and can be read anywhere?

Thanks!
I suspect that the 0 is to allow you to transfer to the Stagecoach when you're really just using the horse as a stepping stone. If they didn't put 0 then you wouldn't be able to use a Ride to transfer to the stagecoach from an adjacent carriage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Bakanov
Ukraine
Kharkiv
flag msg tools
I'd say, staying in initial car is ok. You are using horse action by moving to the horse, than you ride for 0 cars and get into nearest car that is 'surprisingly' the same. There is no contradiction with the rules in this sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtBakanov wrote:
I'd say, staying in initial car is ok. You are using horse action by moving to the horse, than you ride for 0 cars and get into nearest car that is 'surprisingly' the same. There is no contradiction with the rules in this sequence.
Except the Publisher has said that "He is not allowed to stay in the car since the situation before/after you perform your action can't be the same except if you have no choice"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.